Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 2, 2009

Retainer, Wrapping Paper & Potty Talk



Bye bye retainer!! Emma has reached another milestone. Her braces came off last year and her retainer doesn't fit anymore. We saw the orthodontist first thing this morning and he said that Emma doesn't need a new one. We'll go back in August for follow-up consultation and make sure her lovely straight teeth haven’t shifted. For now, no more hunting for the lovely piece of plastic each night before bed. I can't tell you how many times that thing has been nearly misplaced.



Over Memorial Weekend, Josie and I spent some time outdoors painting with flowers and shells to make wrapping paper. We used finger paint, dandelions, chive blossoms and spiral conch shells to make our wrapping paper. The pictures provide the instructions. It was very easy and loads of fun.












If your squeamish over "Potty Talk", skip this last part.

"Josie, why are you walking around on your tip toes"?

Josie's response, "I'm pooping, Mom".

Yep. We still need to work on part 2 of potty training.

8 comments:

Shanna said...

Too funny! Potty poops will happen soon!
Love the wrapping paper project. Hope your week is going well (:

Karin said...

I'm having potty training issues at my house this week, too! :) Have fun!

Truly Blessed said...

Congratulations to miss Emma on her beautiful plastic-free smile!

We're going to start potty training Ella this summer - we shall see how it goes!

redmaryjanes said...

Too funny! I'm still butt wiping, so I can't really laugh too much :)

Buffi Young said...

I LOVE it!!! She is SO ready to train, huh?!?! too cute! I'm sure not so cute to you!

Love all your crafts!!! You always do the neatest stuff.

Hope you have a great week!
Love ya,
Buffi

Steffie B. said...

ROTFLMBO....at least she is honest about it! ;)

As for me.....I'm still butt wiping like RMJ and shoveling out the cat box! SO UNFAIR!!!!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

That was too funny! I could so hear Ellie saying the same thing rather matter of factly....as if I was the one who needed to learn something. ;)
Robbie

Karin said...

OK--I want to know how you always have such super cute blog designs. :) What project will be happening at your house this weekend? :)