Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 25, 2009

Hitting the Bottle(s)...

I thought that title might get your attention.

While antique shopping a month ago with my mom, I spotted several old bottles and immediately thought of my newly created spells/potions book sitting back home with my witchy ladies.



Of course, no spell book is complete without a few potions!! Here are a few ideas for attempting your own Halloween potion bottles.



Supplies:

Old bottles (I love scouring antique stores, but this could also be a good excuse to clean out the refrigerator or spice drawer)
Paper
Scissors
Glue


Step 1: You could create your very own labels, but there are several different websites that feature printable potion labels that you can print off. I’m all about EASY!!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560251884QeBxoh

http://www.pheemcfaddell.com/crafts/halloween/H06HalloweenPotions.html

http://www.spookshows.com/poison/poison.htm

http://beadyeyedbrat.com/potionlabels.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovemanor/sets/72157602788222231/


Step 2. After you've printed off your labels, cut them out and glue onto your bottles.



Step 3. Fill your bottles with colored sand, tiny candy, colored sugar, pretend insects, or any other fun little creepy item. I tucked a few battery operated votive candles behind my bottles. The candles cast a nice little shimmer.



Just like with any other medicine or poisonous object, keep your potion bottles out of reach of little ones.



On Sunday, I'm hitting the Allegan Antique fair with my Mom. Who knows what goodies and inspirations I'll find! Happy Crafting!!


9 comments:

Jill said...

Y O U A R E I N C R E D I B L E!!

Shanna said...

LOVE those! I bought the Martha Stewart ones... but they look too new. Does that make sense?
Wish I could tag along to the anique fair with you!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Have fun at the antique fair. Send Chris and Emma over to clean my house, and I'll join you!!

Robin Miller said...

Hi, old friend! It's been forever since I've checked on all of my blogging friends....Facebook addiction. It's under control now.
I saw some Halloween things in my Southern Living magazine and thought of you and your annual Halloween blow-out! I miss you! Everyone looks great and I'm loving Josie's hair in a ponytail.
Hugs and Kisses!
Robin

Courtney said...

You are so creative. I love watching your house being transformed into a Halloween wonderland!

Karin said...

Wow...those looks just like real antique labels! You're amazing!

Nik's Knacks said...

Love the bottles.
I bought a lot of bottles at an auction this spring. Love how they look so spooky with the labels. I'll have to try it.
Very cool.

Kim said...

You always have such AMAZING ideas...
LOVE the photos...
Hugs..

Mike and Barb said...

Cute!!! How do you make them look all dusty and antique?
Barb