Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 19, 2011

Miniature Haunted Castle Reveal...

On Sunday I blogged about this wooden castle that I got on clearance at Michael's.



I had decided to turn it into a haunted castle for this little witch.

If you're interested in doing this as a smaller project, Michaels also has these wooden CD holders.

Last December I used them to create miniature gingerbread play houses which you can see on this post. In case you're wondering what kind of paint I used to turn it into a haunted castle, here's a close-up of the spray can. The texture is amazing. Be sure to use your 40% off coupon. This paint is nearly $9. More than I paid for the castle on clearance.

After letting it set in the garage for a few days, the girls and I finished it up Tuesday night after dinner.

I started by hot-gluing strips of creepy cloth for curtain windows.


JoAnn's has all the doll house accessories 50% off right now and picked up a few pieces of wooden furniture and painted them black.

I also dug through my box of Halloween scrap-booking embellishments and added a few miniature spider webs, pumpkins and framed pictures to the walls.

Luckily, my mother had given me doll house accessories from an earlier project that she worked on and we used these special treasures to fill the haunted castle.

It's safe to say, that Josie loves her castle.

I think we "all" might all have fun playing with it!
PS. I'm sure batman and the gang will be coming for a visit soon too.

Linking up with:
Sun Scholars: For the Kids Friday

Happy Crafting!
Happy Halloween!

XOXO

22 comments:

vivian said...

what a great progect! Im sure Josie loves it. I think batman and his friends will love the castle too!
so whats next on your agenda krafty kim!? isnt your party this weekend?
have a great day!
xoxo
viv

Sue said...

The haunted castle is just spooktacular! Have fun with it Josie!

Jodee said...

Oh my word! That turned out sooo cute and spooky too! The girls are going to have sooo much fun playing with it!

Barbara said...

Amazing! Are you sure you're going to be allowed to put that away after Halloween? Looks like a lot of fun to play with.

Lee said...

I would love to play with it!
You have a wonderful, creative eye, Kim. You really should get into miniatures....ha!
Have a great day!

My Vintage Mending said...

Over the top...in just the right way. It looked like glitter paint but the stone is perfect. I cannot believe the cost of a can of spray paint...ridiculous. Love the dolls and all the decor. I bought a small paper mache one from Michaels to decorate when I get bored. Smiles...Renee

Jodi said...

perfect and perfect for batman too! thinking Josie will get a lot of play time out of that one!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Look how much fun!!! I wanna come over and play too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh this is amazing, what a super great idea.Its just beautiful,, well I mean boo tee full!

Lynn said...

Hello,
Wow, the castle turned out wonderful. I looked at my Micheals and they do not have the castle or the cd holders:O( Stomping feed in protest right now LOl Josie looks so happy playing with her castle. I can't wait to see the super heros and their friends party in the castle! Can't wait to see what you teach us how to do next!
Hugs,
Lynn

Cheryl G. said...

You are so much fun and clever!

Heather said...

How cute! It must have been so fun to create!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Kim,
This is fantastic! What a great job you did!!
Now take it from one who has her own Victorian doll house ( with no little girls anywhere in sight) this would surely be something that we "all" would love to play with!! Wink!
I don't know if you have an A.C. Moore's by you but they also carry doll house miniatures.
I am sure your little one is just thrilled with this beauty!!

Hugs,
Deb

Diann said...

That is awesome! What a cute project. And you did a great job!

Pam Kessler said...

That turned out very cute. That little Lalaloopsi witch is adorable. Batman and friends can attend the Halloween ball the witch is having.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Fantastic reveal! That castle was a great find, when you first posted about purchasing it earlier in the week I knew you would make it very special and your girls would love it. The use of the textured Krylon is a great touch.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is just over the top incredible, Kim! I LOVE it! Makes me want to go shopping for doll houses and tiny furniture! You're having SO much fun! Can I come and play? ♥ I'll bring my tiny Wendy the witch! ♥

Janet said...

What a fun dollhouse for Josie to play with!

Donna said...

Your haunted castle is spooktacular, Kim! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Bet Josie is loving it!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely FUN! What a neat spray paint. Boy when I have grandchildren will I know where to come for great ideas! Your little one looks like she is having such fun. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth

La Vie Quotidienne said...

There is no doubt...you are the Queen of Halloween! Love the castle.(-:

Stephanie said...

I think that's the cutest Halloween project I've ever seen. Love it!