Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 7, 2012

A Sunday Stroll...

Yesterday's outing with my mom and sister was well needed and loads of fun!! Being cooped up in my house during foot surgery recovery had really started taking a toil on my mental health. Amazing what a little shopping and mobility can provide to your spirits!! I didn't leave the antique store with loads of goodies, but I did purchase a few more things from my favorite etsy store "Dime Store Chic" that I'm also mixing into today's post.
These mini paper lanterns will be used to help decorate Josie's birthday party and will eventually end up in my craft room and the girls treehouse. These vintage millinery flowers will be perfect for future crafting projects.

I'm always on the hunt for vintage party books
and this Better Homes and Gardens has fabulous pictures. 


When I'm in my craft room, I often will listen to record albums.
Josie especially enjoys listening to story albums.

Yes.  I loved the Monkees television show. 
I think Emma needs to be introduced to this television series in the near future.

A stack of 1955 Child Life magazines with fabulous graphics.

Linking up with It's a Very Cherry World Rednesday



All in all a great day of shopping and company! Tomorrow, I head back to the surgeon for follow-up x-rays and my walking cast.  Freedom from crutches!  Yippee!!


18 comments:

Beach Mama said...

I came across the cutest Flamingo outfit at Costco and thought of Josie. It is 2 pieces with a Bright green tank top with a flamingo embroidered on it, and a Hawiian print skort. If you have a Costco membership yuo should check it out!

Lee said...

Yippee is right! So glad you enjoyed your outing!
On our way home tonight. Always nice to sleep in your own bed.
Good luck at the sugeon's! A walking cast will be a good thing. ((hugs!))

Melissa K. in Nebraska said...

I had that Mary Poppins record!! It's how I was able to memorize the spelling of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and really impress all my other grade school friends. Course, that was a long time ago, and it took me several minutes just now to try to spell it again.

My Vintage Mending said...

Oooo and ahh...nice to hear you didn't suffer from swelling. I was hoping you would come home with the doll house of your dreams....let me know how it goes tomorrow....smiles...Renee

Susie said...

Kim...I loved this post, showing all the old things. Speedy recovery is wished for you. Smiles, Susie

vintage grey said...

Oh, what lovely finds!! Love the Child LIfe magazines! I have never herd of them before!! So fun!! Best wishes for tomorrow!! xo Heather

NanaDiana said...

What fun things! I loved the Monkees on TV, too. And I DO remember those old Child Life magazines. I had completely forgotten about them. Hope you are having a good, restful day. xo Diana

Nellie said...

So glad you had a good Sunday outing!
xoxo Nellie

Cheryl G. said...

Such great finds!
I'm so glad you got out!
Hope for great news from the doctors!

GardenOfDaisies said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon out! I like the look of that birthday celebration book!

Jodee said...

So glad you got out and about. I can't wait to see the flamingo party come together! What a fun theme!

Hope your appt. goes well tomorrow!

Perfectly Printed said...

It looks and sounds like you had a great weekend!! And came home with some wonderful treasures!

chris

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

What treasures - Love those old BHG books and the Monkees - they came to Toronto about 15 years ago and I had a chance to see them. Best wishes for you with the surgeon appointment, we are thinking about you.

Corey said...

Those Child Life magazines look like so much fun! And I'd buy the record albums just for the covers- I don't even have a record player!

craftyles said...

I love the mini lanterns. I remember loving the Monkees show. Great CHild Life Mags.Good luck at the Dr.

Pam Kessler said...

I just spent 15 minutes checking out that etsy store. Very cute stuff. I suddenly feel the need for an aluminum ice cube tray.

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

Hi Kim-I'm glad you are recovering well and getting around. Your little shopping trip looks like it was a lot of fun. I am knee deep in a fundraiser I am working on that is on Friday. Can't wait for it to be over and get back to blog land. Talk soon.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness I love all the sweet vintage album covers and those kids magazines. I am a BIG fan of vintage magazine art (my rednesday post this week is on some ads from my collection) so i always love seeing what others have. I just recently found a BH&G book on Brunches from the same era as your party book here. All good stuff, thanks for sharing!