Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 24, 2014

Master bedroom reveal at the a-frame...

When we first took possession of the a-frame, the master bedroom had lovely floral wallpaper, smelly pink carpeting and several very LARGE spiderwebs.  
The carpeting was removed right away (along with the spider webs) and the floors were refinished back to their natural pine.
Chris and I both felt that with a small space and lots of wood, it would be nice to add some white in the room to lighten it up.
In a matter of two days, Chris removed the floral wallpaper and got creative with his table saw, beadboard and his paintbrush. 
My long-time followers probably recognize the miniature cabin collection.  I've been showing this on the blog for several years.  I'm still on the hunt for a few more log cabin syrup containers.
The long black and white prints that you see above our bed were photographs that we picked up at estate sale last winter.  
They are prints of a northern Michigan camp ground photographed in 1929.
The fishing poles were also estate sale finds, as well as the tennis rackets. 
The fishing basket, vintage frame, bookshelf and dresser were also picked up at various estate sales.

On Sunday, my mother gave me this handmade sailboat pillow.  She's such a talented seamstress.  Thank you, Mom.

We have a few more special items to hang on another wall, but the transformation of this room is amazing. 
 Thank you, Chris!  It's more than I could have asked for!
  

27 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, what an awesome transformation, Kim! You and Chris are one talented pair:) Love the Michigan memorabilia, and the pillow your mom made is perfect!

Lutka And Co. said...

It is an amazing transformation - the white on the walls are just perfect. And your mothers sailboat pillow adds the perfect touch!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Looks so much fresher and brighter. You are having the best time fluffing the cottage aren't you?

Lynne said...

Simply, perfectly WONDERFUL . . . what fun you must be having!
Love the 1929 camp framed photos!

A Little Creation said...

When will the C&K Cabin be open for business? I'd like to be the first guest.
Chris =]

Lynn said...

It looks great! I love the panoramic pics and the pillow your Mom made is just perfect! Happy Weekend Kim:@)

Margaret said...

Amazing is the word for it. Truly amazing. I'm thinking how gorgeous it will be in the Fall on the lake! Get some good plaid wool blankies for the end of your beds! What a transformation. Maggie

vivian said...

perfect! comfy cozy cottage!
so I assume youre off to the cottage today... have fun!
supposed to rain here this weekend.. but I plan on finding something fun to do... maybe I'll wiggle my nose and come visit you! lol!
happy weekend!
xoxo
vivian

LBP said...

I am just loving the transformation of your A frame! It is so adorable! Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come!

xoxox
Linda

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Amazing is right! It is almost impossible to recognize the old room. The paint and all of the accessories are perfect. This little cabin was just waiting for you and your family to come along and make it pretty again!

Nellie said...

You are right! The transformation is amazing! What a peaceful place to spend your time! xo Nellie

vintage grey said...

Everything looks so wonderful and love all your treasures you have collected! And, I just love your mom's sailboat pillow! So cute! xo Heather

Pam Kessler said...

You were so right! The white just makes it look so much more alive in there. It's so far from the smelly pink cobweb days :) That pillow is so pretty. Why didn't I pay more attention in Home Ec?

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm just LOVING your A-frame cottage! What a great hubby! ENJOY your weekend at the lake cottage.
warmly,
deb

Shirley Hatfield said...

I am so jealous I could cry with greed...lol! But I will enjoy my visits to the A-frame vicariously. The framed photos are the icing on the cake...I love vintage photos and old post cards of vacation spots.

Shirley Hatfield said...

What you need is a garland of pennants from different touristy places in Michigan...I think I saw one in a Mary Engelbreit book some years back. I love those things...I have some old ones from Yellowstone.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your vintage treasures for your cabin! You'll have so much fun finding more ways to decorate. And your Mom made the most beautiful pillow! Wow! She is talented! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Everything is so so cute and cozy!! I just love the wall behind your bed, it really looks nice Kim! And such a sweet log cabin collection (in the a frame!!) :) Have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

Jboo said...

Wow -- I love it! That guy of yours is so talented! You two are quite the twosome! Your lake cottage is beautiful!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your little cottage looks great. I love all the love and treasures that you have filled it with. Your bedroom looks wonderful.

xo Danielle

Diane Mars said...

Wow Kim you guys have been very busy and everything is looking so put together, all the details make it so one-of-a-kind. What a great place to get away, I would love something like that! The master looks great ! Hugs, Diane

Jodee said...

That turned out sooo cute! Love all of the details!

Courtney said...

Wow that is an amazing transformation. I love the lighter look of the room.

Corey said...

The white walls make such a difference!! And I LOVE your log cabin collection- you were meant to own this little cabin!

★Carol★ said...

I can't tell you how much fun I'm having, watching YOU have fun decorating your cottage! Love every single thing that you're putting in there, and that sailboat pillow couldn't be more perfect!

White Lace and Promises said...

Love the white bead board wall.

White Lace and Promises said...

Meant to add...and all the vintage fishing gear. My daddy would have loved this!