Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 23, 2014

A wild week!

What a wild week of weather. Lots of lake effect snow all week long and now its raining out.  This was a picture I took outside of my university office window mid-week.
I understand cold weather is returning and they are predicting we will have several inches of new snow again to give us a white Thanksgiving. It's certainly never dull in MI!  Chris will be spending his Sunday afternoon constructing the backyard ice rink in preparation for the return of cold weather.
 I wrapped up the work week with a great estate sale on my lunch hour Friday.
I really wish I could have gotten there sooner.
 They had advertised lots of vintage Christmas and the pictures looked amazing!
 I did find enough to make me happy.
Speaking of things that make me happy, we did a quick overnight at our A-frame Friday night.  
It's looks super cozy with all the snow.
As you can imagine, I'm having so much fun decorating the cottage for Christmas.
We will be heading back during Thanksgiving break to enjoy some extended time.

I see lots of board games, puzzles and sledding this coming week!
Hoping you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family or friends.  Safe travels (especially if you have snowy weather in your forecast).
After Thanksgiving I'll be revealing a Kim K.  Christmas give-away!  XOXO

 

19 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

It looks so pretty. When our kids were young, we also had a backyard skating rink. It was wonderful, and gave them such enjoyment during the bitterly cold and looooong winter!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Loving everything here Kim! Except that snow. A little more fall would have been nice this year. Love how sweet the A-frame looks, inside and out.

Such cute estate sale goodies. You really have lots of estate sales selling vintage Christmas. Michigan folks must be savers and keepers of stuff. Lucky you!

Have a great Thanksgiving. Looking forward to that 4 day break in our house too. :)

Corey said...

I love the little log cabin display- so perfect! And looks like despite your late arrival, you still found some fun Christmas goodies at the sale!

ThrifterSisters said...

So jealous of it all! The snow, the A-Frame, the ice rink!? And especially that amazing estate sale! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kim!

Erica

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family! It's the busy season, preparing for Christmas. Very sweet deers.
warmly,
deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your cabin looks so pretty in the snow. I'm so glad you're able to enjoy it all year and decorate it. What fun for the whole family. Enjoy your week my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Lynne said...

Crazy weather week in Michigan is an "understatement!" Unbelievable . . .
Even though I was irritated . . . I found it funny too. We had the cleanest, pristine leaf free yard in the neighborhood . . . until a few days ago when the winds came and blew the neighbors UNTENDED leaves over to us. Like I said, an "irritated funny!"
Thought of you and your family playing board games at a snowy A-frame left me feeling very happy . . .
Happy Thanksgiving Kim . . .

Jodee Leader said...

I love how you guys make winter sooo much fun! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving week! Stay warm and travel safe!

Tammy's in Love said...

What you find during the noon hour boggles the mind! In MN there are people who line up for estate sales by 2:00 am. and all the fun vintage disappears when the first 10 are in the door! Then it goes to 'Occasional Sale' stores where it's marked up 5 times!

Anxious to see the fun you have in store for Cabin Christmas!

Tammy

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Great Estate Sale stuff! But I'm even more envious of that cozy little cottage! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend! :)

Lynn said...

Everything looks very festive Kim! Happy Thanksgiving Week-enjoy:@)

donna said...

I love seeing all the snow. You find the best estate sale stuff. Your Christmas finds are amazing. I look forward to seeing your ice rink. That has to be so much fun.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs
donna

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a great estate sale and the goodies you found!! Our weather has been about the same, all of our snow melted this weekend but snow back in the forecast tomorrow! I'm excited for the pretty white stuff to get back! :) Your A frame looks so cute and cozy!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! We're excited for the long weekend too! xo Holly

Sheryl said...

The A frame is looking great. I especially loved the cabins you have collect on your shelf. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Jboo said...

The A Frame looks so pretty! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Pam Kessler said...

I spy some thermoses :) Enjoy your time at the lake. Try to stay warm!

Lutka And Co. said...

It seems like just yesterday that Chris was taking down your backyard ice rink - how time flies :). What a wonderful winter wonderland you live in! :)

vintage grey said...

Lots of sweet goodies!! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! xo Heather

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Kim,
We had snow here too! The east coast was hit by a Nor'Easter and we got about 7 inches of snow by other areas around here got up to a foot!! Unheard of this early in the season.....

The Cabin looks so warm and cozy!!

Hugs,Deb