Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 21, 2016

Graduation celebrations and open house decorations

It's been a whirlwind of milestones at our house and now that we are officially past Emma's open house and her graduation ceremonies, I can share pictures. 
Emma has always been fascinated with maps.  In fact, the majority of her bedroom walls are covered in maps.
Chris asked his elementary teacher colleagues if they had any large classroom maps that he might use for Emma's graduation party.   Several maps that were in school storage were magically made available and we quickly got to work covering our garage walls with painters drop cloths and maps.
One of the maps was used to gather signatures and inspirational quotes from guests and she will be bringing that to college with her next year.
Luckily the weather cooperated and despite the extreme heat, we didn't have any rain or wind to content with.  I can also add tent construction to my "party planner" title. I honestly think it was a miracle that Chris and I were able to put this tent up ourselves.
In case anyone is wondering where Emma is going to college next year, here's a big hint.  At this point, she's declared Social Work as a major (following in her dad's footsteps).
Her official move-in date is August 23rd and we are all excited and nervous about the upcoming changes (especially Josie).
Congratulations, Emma.   We were so happy to celebrate your special day.  

 

13 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

That is one HUGE tent! Props to you two for getting it up by yourselves. Max graduates next year (I think unless we decide to have him stay for the extra year or so) and I've already started freaking out about it. So many changes and decisions that I am not ready for :)

Lynne said...

I loved the MAP idea, both in Emma's room and for her open house.
And soon a repeat for her room at college.
I would say Emma's college choice is a very good idea!
Love the tent, (can't believe you two installed it yourselves!)
Emma is such a lovely, beautiful graduate and Josie is beautiful and lovely too . . .
Love the cowboy boots Josie!

Once again . . . Congratulations Emma . . .
Social Work is an excellent choice . . .
Happy, happy days ahead . . .

Margaret said...

How wonderful! I never knew she was a map lover. I think it's so cool how they have open house and all the other festivities for graduation. Emma will do terrific in whatever she chooses. Hugs to you all! Celebrate the good times!

Lutka And Co. said...

Congratulations to Emma! And to you all! What a wonderful time it is :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You are a great party planner! Looks awesome! Congrat's and here begins a new chapter in your life too!
warmly,
deb

La Vie Quotidienne said...

You are the supreme party giver. Everything looks wonderful. Congratulations to Emma I am sure she will be very successful in any endeavor, her parents are such great role models.

Patti said...

A wonderful party for a remarkable girl! The decorations are very personal and memorable. Blessings to you all!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Congrats Emma and enjoy that next chapter of life! I have enjoyed watching you grow up via your Mom's blog...I feel like a proud auntie. Job well done.

Shara said...

I love it that you make every thing so much fun at your house. Congrats to the graduate! And hang in there MOM!

vivian said...

I bet Emma had a lot of fun at her party. the pictures are great, you are like me and are not capable of doing anything without going all out! Of course.. throw in your husband and the creativity is doubled!
Im excited for your Emma. when each one of my 4 kids went off to college I was so proud and so grateful to have raised good kids! I know you feel the same. And then that shes going to be a social worker... thats awesome!
I havent posted a new blog post since memorial day... maybe I will finally get to it tomorrow... lol!
have a great day
xoxo
vivian

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What happy times for your family! You always make every occasion a happy celebration too. Congrats to Emma! Hugs to you all, Diane

craftyles said...

Congratulations, Emma. It's been so fun watching her grow up into a beautiful young woman. Looks like a super fun grad party-I can't believe you guys put up that tent yourselves!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Congratulations Emma!! Such a great family photo, beautiful family! So neat she loves the maps, and they look awesome for decorations at her party! Love the blue and white tents & love her sweet white dress, looks like it has some cute lace on it too! ....so cute! xo Holly