Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 2, 2008

Splish Splash

My work took me to the northern part of Michigan and I brought the family along. We decided after my work obligations were done, to upgrade our hotel and stay an additional night. I'd love to tell my readers that my daughters were fabulous sleepers while we were gone, but our sleep issues even followed us up north.

We set the camera timer in our hotel room this morning and took a family picture. Amazingly, we're ALL looking at the camera and smiling.



The hotel that we spent our additional night included a water park. Emma was thrilled and Josie just couldn't get enough of the water. This establishment really knows how to cater to families of all ages. I've included a very short video clip of both girls enjoying the water slides and a slideshow of this weekend's highlights.





Beginning Monday, I'm back to work full-time. No more 20-hour work weeks. I can't believe how quickly the months of June and July flew by. Chris is still home with the girls for another three weeks before he returns to his elementary school. Josie will start practicing with daycare over the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more.

9 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

How cool! I can't believe that little tike went down that water slide!!! Impressive!! She feels so safe with you, and that is just wonderful!
Barb

Buffi Young said...

What an awesome picture and video too!! That waterslide was cool!! What fun you guys had. A great way to end your summer vacation!!!! So great!!! I LOVE the family picture...you are so beautiful Kim!!! :) Have a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings,
Buffi

Steffie B. said...

Darling family pic....look at Josie's smile....I love it! ;)

Nik's Knacks said...

What an ADORABLE family!
Looks like you had an awesome time.
And, by the way showoff :)----love the new look of the blog!

Robin Miller said...

What great pics and video! My favorite is the family photo---what a gorgeous family! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I wish we lived closer and could join you for a water weekend---can you imagine Josie and Gracie together?!
Have a great week. Know that I'm praying for you.

Lots of love!
Robin

Shanna said...

All of my kids were gathered around my computer enjoying the water slides right along with your girls! They kept saying, "play it again!".
A great way to wrap up the summer! I know you don't look forward to 40 hour weeks, but you and the family will adjust in no time.
Good luck!

Nicole said...

Awe!!! Pigtails!!! Too sweet... I also can't believe how fast June and July went by... Wow!

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

what great pics. can't believe how big Josie has gotten, love to see the smile.