Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 9, 2009

Boo!

How's this for a super easy craft?


You can find these candles in the ethnic aisle of your grocery store with the Mexican food. I printed off some fun Halloween font and then outlined the letters with a fine bead of glue and sprinkled glitter over the glue. I then strategically placed a few spider stickers on my letters.














You never know what else you can find around your house to spell out some Halloween cheer...





With apples in abundance right now, here's an easy recipe for apple cake.




Ingredients:
• 2 cups finely diced, peeled and cored apples
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 cup flour



Make:
• Into large bowl add diced apples and sugar. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
• Pour in oil and egg. Stir.
• Add dry ingredients. Stir.
• Add vanilla. Stir. It will be quite stiff, don't worry.
• Pour into a well greased and floured 8 inch square pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
• Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes or place on a cake rack.
• Dust top with powdered sugar or butter cream frosting before serving.

*It might even pass as a coffee cake (shhhh...our secret)



PS. Remember to leave a comment in Tuesday's post to win your very own Kim K. Halloween creation.
Good luck and I hope you win!

6 comments:

Shanna said...

I can never have enough candles.. So fun... it reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas because of the swirl on the O's. You know how much I love that movie!
Yummy cake recipe, I am getting started on it now!

Mary Beth said...

Hi Kim - Love the candles. Even I can probably handle this! We will try it. Amelia loves to decorate for holidays and I never like the store bought decorations. Guess we just needed to follow your blog! Not sure how Lian will handle Halloween. We have had a small Halloween gathering for the past few years - a group of kids, parents and relatives to hit the neighborhood for treats and then back to our house for food and drinks... nothing like your extravaganza. Have fun. Hope you raise some money too, Pearl River sounds like a valuable group that can make a difference.

Karin said...

You never cease to amaze me. :)

Kim said...

LOVE the decorations...
The apple cake looks great...
Have a great weekend...
Hugs..

Nik's Knacks said...

Another great idea!
Just wanted to let you know that I got the WONDERFUL Halloween hat from you and I love it!!
I'll post some pictures soon....been a busy week, haven't been on the computer lately.
Thanks again!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I suppose you could say I've decorated for Halloween...well the spiders did! There are quite a few webs around here. ;)