December 28, 2009

Soup's On!

As a follow-up to Monday morning's post, I had a glorious morning of shopping all by MYSELF. I used my gift certificate (and coupon) and found a new wool coat (including, scarf, gloves and a new purse). Who would have thought fuchsia would end up being the color of choice? Ignore the glasses. I need to order more contacts and I'm feeling self-conscious.

I also found all kinds of things at Dollar Tree to recycle into New Year's Eve crafts (stay tuned for more on this).


Best of all, my favorite little chef's prepared a delightful drop noodle chicken soup.



I need to get Chris to help me compose an "actual" 'recipe of his grandmother's drop noodle soup. I promise to try.

It was an all around perfect kind of Monday. Did I mention I'm on Christmas break from work? That certainly helps...hee hee.

8 comments:

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

It was a good Monday for me. JT went to play with a friend, and E went to play at Grandma's. I just stayed home, went for a long walk, worked on a book I'm writing....about Ellie's adoption.... watched a movie on TCM, and cooked Chili for supper.
It was a much needed nothing kind of day!
I would love to have the soup recipe!

Courtney said...

Love the new coat and purse. I just bought a purple purse with some of my Christmas money and I love it. So glad you had a wonderful day. I can't wait to see what you come up with your Dollar Tree finds. Enjoy those vacation days, I think they go twice as fast as a work day!

Jill said...

Snazzy Kim! You look awesome!
As for the soup....yummy!

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Love the new coat,scarf and purse..
you go girly..
Sounds like you had a great day..
And the soup looks YUMMY.
I would love to have the recipe .
Hugs.
have a great time off..
can't wait to see what crafts you come up with for New years...

Jodee Leader said...

Hi, Kim. I am coming over from Courtney's Corner!

What a perfect Monday! I love to shop all by myself and I especially love the Dollar Tree. I go there every.single.week!

Your girls are adorable! Enjoy your vacation!

Oatsvall Team said...

how funny, but I bought a new coat the exact same color on Sunday (at Target only $9.98) ... I would have never thought that color to look so fab on ... You look adorable ... love ya sister !!!

Melinda said...

You look great Kim! I love the new coat and accessories! Awww a day of shopping by myself would be priceless!

The soup looks so yummy and was probably a welcome treat after your shopping adventure! Enjoy your break!

Nikki said...

I LOVE you in glasses! So cute!

Sounds like a great Monday. Can't wait till school starts again so I can go solo-shopping :)

Soup looks great, I can smell it from here!