Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 16, 2011

A Christmas dollhouse secret...last few pics

I've decided that I wouldn't want a second career in laying carpet or applying wallpaper. Josie's dollhouse makeover project was not my favorite.

I love the results (everything looks so much brighter/lighter), but I'm not used to be stressed out when crafting. Thank goodness there weren't any windows that I had to cut around!!

If you remember from this post, these special raccoons will be living in this dwelling.

The majority of the furniture that will go in this house are durable plastic pieces that came with the Li'l Woodzeez dollhouse sets available at Target. Over the week, I picked up a few more accessories and furniture from Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I staged a couple more rooms for your viewing pleasure. Please excuse the shadows. I struggled to get decent macro shots and my body kept casting shadows.

My mother made several of these
tiny dollhouse quilts years ago for the girls.
Isn't it precious!!

The dressing table and lamp (made from beads and a straight pin)
were projects my mother and I did when I was a little girl.
This mirror was purchased from Hobby Lobby.

I purchased the wooden dish hutch at Michaels,
painted it white and filled it with pastries
and the cherry tea set found at Hobby Lobby.

I added white glue and dusted the cake tops with fine white glitter.
I also cut apart a paper doily for the shelf paper.

The cookies, cups and cherry dishes are from Hobby Lobby.
The kitchen appliances and table are from Li'l Woodzeez at Target.

The additional furniture is wrapped up and I can't wait to see how Josie configures the rest of her rooms. I'm sure our kitten (Luna), big sister Emma and (the mom) will also want to help out. It's been a labor of love that nearly almost didn't get finished.

Several of you asked where I bought the mini nativity set that you see on top of the doll house fireplace. It was given to me as a little girl for my doll house by my mother. I seriously kept everything growing up (which Chris would agree with). I did find a seller on etsy that has one that is very similar to my special nativity scene.

Merry "almost" Christmas, Josie!



XOXO



22 comments:

vivian said...

yay!! (clapping clapping clapping!) it turned out perfectly adorable! I love it and so will Jose! I used to make dollhouses and doll furniture for my girls when they were little too. 26 years ago I gave Jen a doll house for christmas, bethany was a newborn and Jen was 4. I was making popcorn for Jen and I, my hubby was building a fire in the fire place and I left the popcorn for a minute to play with Jens doll house and forgot I was making popcorn until I smell something very hot! The oil in the pan had caught fire! I grabbed the kids and ran out of the house and tony put it out.. but oh my! the house filled with ashes and black smoke! I had a love bird in the kitchen and when we came back in, he had black rings around his nostrils!! no kidding! the poor thing. Anyways.. all because I got so wrapped up in an adorable doll house! so... be careful! lol!
TGIF!!!!! have a great weekend!
xo
viv

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

wow, that is amazing. I loved my doll house when I was a little girl. Hours and hours of fun!

lea
xo

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Wow!!! I love everything about the doll house. What a special gift. The little doily trim, mini nativity, china cabinet. It is perfect. The raccoon is a adorable too!

Jboo said...

Oh my word -- that is adorable! Super job Kim! You made it so special for Josie -- brought tears to my eyes!

Happy weekend!

janet

Sue said...

Darling! Josie is one lucky girl!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!!!

Gina said...

So, so darling...almost as good as a puppy (or at least a GREAT distraction, LOL!!!! ;) Seriously, I hope you share with us her giant smile when she sees this special present.

I love the little raccoon family and am in love with those little animal sets. I want to make my little nieces a dollhouse next year. Well, truthfully, I want a dollhouse for a little animal set! Or maybe a puppy. :)

You are always such an inspiration with your crafting!

Pam Kessler said...

How cute. I love the outside of the house too. The snow on the window boxes is so adorable. Makes me want to curl up there and start arranging furniture.

Joanna B said...

That turned out so great! You may not have loved this project, but you were sure good at it!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Kim,

this is just adorable! I'm sure Josie is going to have a blast setting up the furniture!

Hugs,
Debbie

Janet said...

I just adore your dollhouse, Kim! Josie will love it so much!
Blessings,
Janet

Corey said...

Just wonderful! I love it all decorated in the last shot! And I love the imprinted curtains on the windows!

My Vintage Mending said...

Um...I am going to need to come and see this in person. Perhaps give it a play too. I really don't think it could be any cutter. The sweet little comforter set and icicles. This is truly an heirloom piece. Thanks for letting us share it with you and Josie. I cannot wait to see her reaction. Smiles...Renee

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have given us all a taste of childhood happiness with these amazing dollhouse! That's all I want now..heehee! Wishing your sweet family Happy holidays! ♥♥♥

Cindy said...

Oh, Kim...
Josie is going to love it and treasure it always! You have done such a fantastic job. One of the things I am looking forward to with Tori's is being able to share in the fun, too. (I love her toys as much as she does!)

Have a happy weekend!
Cindy

Lynn said...

Oh Kim,
The doll is amazing!!! Josie is going to have hours upon hours of fun playing with this and the fact that it has pieces from your childhood in it will mean even more to her as she grows older. How wonderful your Mother must feel that you kept those special things from your childhood!! I can't wait to see Josie's face when she opens this gift on Christmas morning! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Hugs

Jackie Jardine said...

Wow, wow, wow! Spectacular job. I love all the little details put into this.

<3Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

Cheryl G. said...

Seriously! That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!
And to have racoons living there is so adorable!

Jenn Erickson said...

Wow, the dollhouse is so beautiful, whimsical, and full of charming detail!

birdie blue said...

love the house, kim. josie is going to l o v e it! all of your special touches really make it outstanding. how fun that you saved so many special things from growing up. what treasures.

i made a special trip to hobby lobby today, while grandpa watched rosie (she still can't go anywhere) and i'm so sorry to say they didn't have the tiny cherry teaset. they had a floral version, but not the cherries. i'm giving my niece a dollhouse for christmas, and the teaset really would've been the 'cherry' on top.

xo
molly

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, Kim! That is just the cutest doll house I have ever seen! From the icicles on the roof, to the paper doily edged hutch, you have thought out every little detail! It is just magical, and I bet you can't wait to see the look on Josies face!!! The raccoons are just too cute. And I adore the mirror over the vanity, it's oh so shabby chic! Bravo!!

Karin said...

OH MY GOODNESS....I am speechless at all the detail you put into the dollhouse. It's beautiful. I kind of wish I was going to be there to see Josie get her first glimpse. :)