Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 11, 2012

Treats for your Sweets...

In case you need any ideas for treats for your sweeties, here are a few of our family's favorite Valentine-inspired recipes. The heart-shaped measuring cups were a Target purchase. Love those $1 and $2.50 bins!

Frozen Hot Chocolate from the infamous
Serendipity3 restaurant in NYC

Two years ago, my best friend Andrea sent this book (Sweet Serendipity) as a special reminder of our time together in NYC.

I posted the recipe here on my blog. It's very easy to put together and is always a HUGE hit with the girls.

Heart-shaped pizza

Buy pre-made pizza crust and cut the crust into heart shapes with cooking scissors and encourage your family to help design their favorite pizza.


French Toast w/heart shaped
powder sugar

Cut out a heart from a piece of paper. Set the heart aside and use the heart outline to form a stencil. Place the stencil on top of your french toast and sprinkle powdered sugar in the stencil. I'm also including a recipe for apple-stuffed french toast. It's out of this world!!

May your weekend be full of love, laughter, and something sweet!

Speaking of sweet, thank you Molly.

I love my special Valentine angel and vintage card.

XOXO



13 comments:

vivian said...

such a "sweet" post! I saw those heart shaped measuring cups.. now WHY didnt I buy them?? I dont think I need them, until I see someone else with them! LOL!! just like a freaken two year old I am!
that frozen hot choc sounds yummy. I'm about to have some hot choc this morning with some oatmeal.. I simply must behave today!!! I ate about a dozen freaken cookies yesterday! OINKOINK!!
vivian

Jodee said...

Love, love, love this post! I especially love the measuring cups! So cute!

Lee said...

Oh, yum~now I am hungry with an urge to go shopping...
Your posts always have an effect on me!
Enjoy the weekend.

My Vintage Mending said...

I have decided I would like to come and spend a holiday at your house. With all this sweet celebrating going on your house is definetly the place to be. Smiles...Renee

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Everything is just adorable! And I love the little tea cup with pretties inside! You have so many sweet ideas! ♥♥♥

Shirley Hatfield said...

I agree with Viv...I had those measuring cups in my hot little hands and PUT THEM BACK! What I fool I am...now I regret it of course! =D

Nellie said...

Such good ideas for Valentine's Day, Kim! I have used a heart cutter for biscuits for breakfast, and have planned a very festive meal, including chocolate, of course - in the past. My husband will enjoy chocolate pancakes this time, but that's a surprise!:-)

Cheryl G. said...

Really great ideas!
Love them all!

Janet said...

Such cute ideas! Really like the heart shaped pizzas!
Blessings,
Janet

Heather said...

My youngest loves french toast, so perhaps this valentine's day I will put a powdered sugar heart on it for her! Thanks for the idea!

DearHelenHartman said...

Heart shaped pizza is awesome. What a fun post with some good ideas.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I love Valentine's and obviously you do too!

lea
xo

PS. I still have some of the Valentine goodies you sent me!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Kim,
I just adore those sweet heart measuiring spoons. I think I will send Joe there this morning to look for them since he is off and i am working!! LOL!
Love all of your Valentine's Day goodies!!

Thanks so much for always stopping by!

Hugs,
Debbie