Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 3, 2012

My indoor magical forest...

Thanks to my blogging friends, my toadstool and gnome/elf ornament collection has grown significantly over this past year. 

The larger gnome/elf that you see in the right of the picture was something I picked up at the antique mall last May.  He was made in Germany in 1936.  

The felt elf was a gift from Elizabeth (Creative Breathing) last year.  Isn't he handsome?

The vintage ornament in the center of the tree was a gift from Renee (My Vintage Mending).

I made the acorn cap toadstools a few years ago and featured them on my blog here.

Leslie (Brookhalloween Lane) sent me and the girls several of these beaded toadstools.

Viv (Viv's Whimsy) made me this very special elf last year.

Corey sent me several of these vintage wooden toadstools last December.

I was in the mood to make a new wreath over the weekend and decided to design mine based on a gnome/toadstool theme.   Most of the supplies were from the Dollar Tree and my own crafting supplies.

Supplies:
Wreath form (Dollar tree)
Dried moss (Dollar Tree)
Pinecones (optional...we had some in the yard)
Hot glue gun
White glitter
Wooden furniture knobs (Hobby Lobby)
Red/White paint and brush
Ribbon
Gnome ornament (World Market)
Heart shape from decorative card stock optional
I started by painting the wooden knobs.  The stems are painted white and the tops are red.  The dots on the toadstool caps are done by dipping the the end of the paint brush onto white paint and pressing onto the toadstool caps.


I then glued the moss onto the center of the wreath and then glued the gnome, toadstools and pinecones onto the wreath.  Everything was covered a bit of white glue and dusted with white glitter.


Don't you just love Christmas magic?

24 comments:

vivian said...

love your gnomey tree and wreath! Glad you got to create and play this weekend then. Im getting ready to go dig up some decorations to take to work this mornign. time to decorate my office!
have a great week my friend!
xoxo

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Wow, what a beautiful tree and wreath. You have acquired such a wonderful collection, you must smile each time you see that little forest. Beautiful post and photos. So many talented people!

My Vintage Mending said...

Yes please..these are so whimsical and unexpected. I really like them all..now I wonder if they will venture out to the back yard with the others. Smiles..Renee

ImagiMeri said...

You are just a wonder Kim dear. I really feel my age when I read how much you're getting done...LOL

Love ya'
Meri

craftyles said...

I love, love, love it! What is it about gnomes and elves and toadstools? Your little tree is so whimsical and the wreath is adorable!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Your happy little toadstool/gnome collection makes me smile :) And your new wreath is the perfect addition!

Unknown said...

Christmas magic...Yes!! Love your wreath!!

chris

Donna said...

Your wreath and tree are just too cute, Kim! I love all of the toadstools too! Your home is truly magical!!

NanaDiana said...

Kim- Very, very, very cute! I have always loved gnomes and you did a great job with it all! xo Diana

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh, how magical...like a fairy tale. All of the gnomes are so cute, and the wreath is adorable.

Barbara said...

Adorable display (and I had missed the original acorn post, so thank you for that)! You always make me feel like decorating more!

LBP said...

Your gnomes and mushrooms are just adorable and now that I know you collect them, I will be on the lookout!

And Yes! I LOVE Christmas!

Blessings

Linda

Nellie said...

Seems like you have a good dose of Christmas magic going on there, Kim! Lovely! xo Nellie

GardenOfDaisies said...

This is gnomey-toadstool tree is adorable! Love that so many of your friends have contributed to the ornament collection. Being reminded of all the special people in your life is a big part of what this holiday season is all about.

Jboo said...

So cute - love those little gnomes and toadstools -- i was going to call them mushrooms! :)

Adorable!!

Pam Kessler said...

So, so cute. I knew you liked toadstools in the garden, didn't realize they were making their way inside for Christmas too! That wreath is fantastic. Love that you can just whip something like that up. I would need diagrams and someone looking over my shoulder!

Cheryl G. said...

Wow!
What a great and special collection!
Love it all!

Corey said...

Oh, I love it, Kim! I love how you can barely see the tree through all the ornaments! I'm glad to see those little ornaments I sent you fit right in!

Heather said...

Hi Kim! I was so happy to see all your magical gnomes and toadstools. As you may remember, I am a huge toadstool fan!!

I saw a very similar wreath at Cost Plus last weekend. Of course, it wasn't nearly as cute as yours! I love it!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I do love this time of year! Your elf/mushroom tree is so unique and colorful!
Great wreath!
Warmly,
deb

laurie -magpie ethel said...

That is one loaded toadstool tree! What a fun place to display a collection together. You know I love a good collection...

Unknown said...

Kim, This is such an inspiring post to me. I love your elf themed tree. I can see lots of mushrooms in my future!
Oh my gosh, the reindeer flying across your house windows are just wonderful. What lucky passerbys! PS love your blog header, as always! Elizabeth

vintage grey said...

So, so pretty! I adore all the cute ornaments, and your wreath is so sweet!! Love it all!! xo Heather

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Kim,
Now this is down right amazing!!
So sweet!! Your girls are so lucky too have a mom like you who makes the holidays so special!!

Hugs,
Deb