Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 27, 2012

My sister's log cabin...

 I've shared my miniature cabin collection on several different posts and this particular cabin is one of my sister's favorites.  

I picked it up several years ago at the Allegan antique market and it's decorated seasonally.  This is how the cabin looks for Christmas.  The wooden Santa was purchased in Moscow when Chris traveled several years ago to play hockey.

Every time she visits, my sister tells me that this cabin is going home with her. As a surprise, my husband put his carpentry skills to work and built my sister her very own log cabin for Christmas. The cabin logs were cut to a 1x1s and wood shims make-up the roof.

When it got too cold to finish it in the garage, the cabin came indoors to the kitchen.

The cabin prior to staining.

The cabin getting a couple of coats of stain.

Look how darling it turned out.

A mini wreath and Santa are now decorating the cabin.  And yes.  My sister loved it.  My mother is hinting that she might need one for Mother's Day.   Get ready, Chris!

23 comments:

Courtney said...

That Chris is a keeper. What a wonderful surprise for your sister!

Cheryl G. said...

What a dear husband you have there!
What a darling cabin!
Love it!

Laura said...

What a sweet little cabin!....and yes your husband is a keeper..

Barbara said...

Maybe Chris needs to open an Etsy shop? He could call it Cabin Fever.

GardenOfDaisies said...

That is so sweet that he made one for her! And now for your mom.... when you run out of family to build for, I'll add my name to the list. ;-)

NanaDiana said...

Could your Mother adopt me so that I can be a sister, too? I want one! LOL- I think I see an Etsy store here!!! I love the cabin and your hubby did a great job-xo Diana

Shirley Hatfield said...

The best gifts of all...made by loving hands! What a wonderful gift...made me a little teary-eyed.

Anonymous said...

What a special gift - Wow. Your h did a wonderful job on it. I also love your Santa from Russia - very colorful!

Nellie said...

This is a very special gift for your sister! Your husband is a good man!

xo Nellie

Jodee said...

What a sweet gift! That turned out sooo cute!

I agree -- Chris is a keeper!

Hope you have a great day!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Another high five to Chris! How many have I given him this year? Super thoughtful and will be cherished gift!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Chris!! What a guy!! The cabin is great! What a wonderful gift!!ms

Donna said...

What a wonderful gift for your sister, Kim! Your Chris is sure the great guy, isn't he? It turned out fabulously!!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a wonderful gift and such a sweet and loving husband. It is just adorable!

Tammy's in Love said...

Maybe start that next cabin now, it's still fresh in your mind on how to...of course maybe Grandma should have a larger model! Sweet gift, I bet she was tickled!

Lynne said...

What a guy! A new career maybe. I love the log cabin . . .

vivian said...

oh I like that husband of yours. what a great gift for your sister. And it turned out perfectly!
Im sure she was very happily surprised!
have a great day Kim!
xoxo

Corey said...

What a sweet husband you have! What a wonderful surprise it must have been for your sister!! Those are the best parts of Christmas- giving something you (or your husband) worked really hard on for someone you love!

LBP said...

That cabin is cute as can be! I am sure she will cherish it.

Blessings

Linda

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Chris did a fantastic job on this cabin. My sister and I read your post last night and marvelled at this cabin. He should put together plans! your sister must love it.
PS I knew Chris visited Russia some years back, I didn't know it was for hockey, what a wonderful experience!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet! We will all be hinting now! HAVE FUN! Give that hubby a Yankee dime!

Lee said...

Chris could add carpenter to his resume! If he makes an extra, I would stand in line...LOL
Have a new iPad...still need to transfer my apps so behind in reading blogs. Looks like you had a joyous Christmas!
HaPpY New Year! Hugs!

Pam Kessler said...

I think Chris has a new profession!