Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 15, 2011

Toadstool Brownies

If you've been following my blog, you know I have a thing for toadstools. I even dedicated a whole tree to them at Christmas.

Last spring, I discovered chocorooms at World Market.
The box is pretty generous at $1.99

Aren't they adorable?
They taste as good as they look too.

Josie and I decided that leprechauns might even enjoy them for St. Patty's day and we made toadstool brownies Monday night.

After baking our brownies, we whipped up a batch of icing, adding some mint flavoring and green food coloring to give it a bit of St. Patty's flair.

The final topping was a few chocorooms with green sprinkles.

YUMMY!!

I don't even want to know how many calories are in our special dessert.
XOXO

9 comments:

Jboo said...

Wow -- yummy! Those turned out so good! Our girls must be on the cooking page -- Maddy made chocolate covered strawberries last night! :) Have a great day.

Janet

Courtney said...

Aww those are so cute and they look very yummy. I agree, there is no need to count calories.

Lee said...

Your post makes me crave a brownie (with toadstools).
I have a small collection of wooden mushrooms...some large, some tiny. Love them!
Thanks for sharing!

La Uina said...

the leprechauns will be very very happy with these!!! =)))

Uina

Heather said...

You're the one that got me started with toadstools, and I must say, I love them all! These little cookies are particularly cute!

Karin said...

Too cute (and now I am craving chocolate!).

Kim said...

YUMMY... Miss you girly.. one day I will get on the ball.. but sooo busy at work..
Hugz.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

So yummy and fun. I have never seen those chocorooms,I will have to check out whether they are available in these parts! (mushroom lover too!)

My Vintage Mending said...

I've never seen these at World Market. So cute. I have a Toad stool ornament that I found at an estate sale. They really are so cute. It reminds me of the garden. You know you are going to get multiple emails as I go back on post. I apologize ahead of time. I am so excited to go back and read them. Sorry in advance I am enjoying every minute...Renee