Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 9, 2011

Goodwill Fate...

Driving between my University campuses for work appointments, I decided to make a quick trip into our Goodwill outlet. I felt something calling to me.

Behold...reproduction batman & batgirl comics!!

Somebody must have known that we were having a superhero birthday party for Miss Josie on Friday. I literally danced in the store when I saw them. These stack of comics were perfect for scanning and decorating her packages.

I've got additional plans for these comic books at her BIG family party on 6/18. What? Doesn't every child have multiple birthday parties?

While I was at Goodwill, I also picked up a HUGE bag of bias tape, rick rak and hem facing for $1.99.

This next one might seem silly given today's modern kitchen appliances, but I couldn't help myself. Aren't the graphics are divine!!

For .50 cents, I couldn't resist the red/white/blue graphics. He'll be perfect when I get out my summer/patriotic decor.

Happy Thrifting!!
Happy Thursday!

XOXO



11 comments:

Barbara said...

My daughter's birthday seemed to be a month-long commemoration of her birth! I love that Josie wants a superhero theme ... those parties are over for me for now, but I'm eager to see what you have planned!

Lee said...

Great finds...and so timely!
You inspire me to get out today and search for treasures.
Have a terrific day!

Jodi said...

What awesome finds! You are the best shopper ever!!! I may just have to stop by our Goodwill today!

vivian said...

great finds~ the comic books are perfect! I keep meaning to ask you where you work and what you do! So we both have parties planned for this weekend. I'll be going grocery shopping right after work to get everything I need for my salads and stuff! supposed to rain.. hope it doesnt!
have a great day.. I have got to get off this computer and get myself in the shower.. i need to leave in 30 minutes and I havent done a thing yet!
happy day!!
vivian

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Hahaha, okay so I knew you had a tree and of course Miss Josie would have birthday presents but seeing them under ther tree tickled me this morning :0) Hope the girls are enjoying their summer so far. I remember how great it was to have nothing but months of excitement to look forward to and being very confused when my Dad still had to go to work June through Sept. :0)

Anonymous said...

So cute, Kim. Glad you listened to your inner voice and stopped at Goodwill at that exact time. :-) I also enjoy Josie's Batgirl pose, even when she's not in costume. Sherry

Pam Kessler said...

Isn't that weird how you find the perfect thing on a fluke. Josie looks so excited about her party. Have a great time!

My Vintage Mending said...

Happy Birthday Miss Josie! You are a super hero...Kim, I mistakenly put those vintage trims down when I was at said Goodwill they were meant to be in my shopping cart...just kidding. What fabulous luck you have. And yes...lots of people do two parties...smiles...Renee

Karin said...

Oh my word...you find the best stuff!!! Our Goodwill never has cool stuff like that.

Jodee said...

Oh my word! What great finds! The comics are perfect! A girl can never have too many parties!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

What a ABSOLUTELY PERFECT find. I would have screamed with joy too! and that ric rac, you are sooo LUCKY!