Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 24, 2011

Leaving for the beach...

We are heading out for our annual week-long vacation and I'm looking forward to some much needed rest and relaxation.


It will be our 8th year returning to this Lake MI cottage.

Although we take our chances on the water temps, nothing beats the waves and the sunsets.

Our view each evening is just lovely.

Aside from digging in the sand, Chris and I will spend the week playing board games with the girls, attempting to fish at a smaller inland lake nearby, reading lots of books, and indulging in lots of yummy food & drinks. You can bet that I'll also be sneaking in some shopping at a few of my favorite antique stores too!!

We have absolutely ZERO cell phone or internet access at the cottage. Those bars just don't want to light up at the top of the sand dunes, so it forces me to be completely unplugged.

The cottage is just shy of 70 minutes, which makes it nice for quick trips home to water the plants and retrieve Emma's best friend for overnight visits.

I can hardly wait!

Be good.
Don't have too much fun without me.

I'll miss you.

XOXO

17 comments:

Jodee said...

Enjoy your time at the beach! The cottage looks adorable. I can't wait to see pictures!

We will miss you too!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Have a wonderful unplugged family holiday, I hope the weather is good and many memories are made.

birdie blue said...

have a wonderful time at the beach, kim. i miss those sand dunes. the beaches on the wisconsin side of lake mi. where we vacation, are mostly rocks and pebbles.

enjoy every minute with your two precious girls making memories.
xo
~molly

vivian said...

OH please oh please oh please oh please!!! take me with you...!!!!!!
ok.. just have a wonderful time. I will be waiting for you to return.. geez! im gonna miss you.. and be jealous!
lol
have fun
vivian

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Enjoy your much needed vacation and fun in the sun!!

Home and Heart said...

How fun! Have a wonderful time!!!

Jboo said...

Have a wonderful break!! The beach looks so lovely!

Janet

My Vintage Mending said...

Kim have a wonderful time. This looks like my kind of vacation. Would love to know the name as the two locations we went to were rocky at Lake Superior...smiles...Renee

Heather said...

Have a wonderful time, Kim! We will miss you!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Oh, how beautiful...I hope you and your family have a fun wonderful time on vacation at the lake...it looks beautiful and woohoo that you will get to completely unplug for the week! I think we all need that from time to time :)

Big hugs,
Queenie

Life in Rehab said...

I'll meet you there with the white sangria! What a beautiful spot, and how cute is that ruffly baby bikini???

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

enjoy! I have had computer issues and haven't been around. I have missed your posts!

lea
xo

Courtney said...

Enjoy your time at the beach. We will miss you, but we will be looking forward to all those great pictures you take while you are gone!

Cheryl G. said...

Sounds heavenly!
What fun!
I hope you all have a great time!

Cindy said...

Hope you are having a great time! I have finally gotten a break, so I am playing catch-up with you.

NYC was awesome! Hope to get some pics up today.

Love your patriotic tree and ornaments...I am going to have to find a swap to join one of these days!

So glad that you were not tremendously affected by those storms. It has been horrible here. There have been several times that we moved the kids downstairs with us for the night.

Enjoy all that peaceful bliss at the beach!
Cindy

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Hope you're having an awesome time, with much need rest and relaxation.

Pam Kessler said...

Enjoy your vacation time. I think an unplugged holiday would be wonderful.