Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 8, 2011

Peonies & Parties...

Thank you for all the compliments and kind words about the treehouse. It meant a lot to Chris (and me). I hope you don't grow tired of it, because there will always be something going on in our special structure.


When my peonies are blooming, that means Josie's birthday is nearly here.

Josie 2011

Josie 2010

Josie 2009

This peony bush is one that we transplanted from my grandparents home.

I wish we would have taken more plants
before we sold their house 10 years ago.

May 2001
(That's me with a 2 year old Emma)

My little superhero is getting ready to celebrate her special 5th birthday on Friday. Emma's last day of school is a half day, and I'm taking the afternoon off from work. We're heading to Josie's preschool with special birthday treats, capes and the ability to leap over tall buildings.

Have a super Wednesday!
I need to get busy
with more superhero party ideas.
XOXO

11 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Beautiful peonies. Happy Birthday to Josie!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Jodi said...

Beautiful Peonies! and I will never tire of looking at the tree house! I may become more and more jealous - but never get tired of it!
Can't wait to see what all you have lined up for Josie's fun birthday celebration!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Both peonies and Josie are beauties and I will never get tired of tree house posts!

I wish I had the proper conditions to grow peonies!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Oh my goodness, the shot of Josie leaping those buildings is just too dang cute for words. I love that she's into super heros! The peonies are gorgeous too, and so special that you have a sweet piece of your grandmother to see bloom every year.

Pam Kessler said...

I expect tree house posts for every major and minor holiday. Can't wait to see it for Christmas. Have fun jumping over tall buildings. You should do kid's birthday parties as a business - you are very creative.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Happy early birthday wishes for JOSIE! (little lady, you are such a cutie pie!!!)

Loving your peonies. I am hoping to get some in the ground here.

xxoo
Becky

My Vintage Mending said...

Wonderful photos! Leaping I would never have thought of. Peonies you know are my favorite. What a wonderful symbol for Miss Josie. Two beautiful flowers...Smiles...Renee

Anonymous said...

I love the leaping over tall buildings...fun

Lee said...

Two beautiful flowers...
I look forward to seeing all Josie's friend's running around in their capes! HaPpY BiRtHdAy Josie!
Enjoy!

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet gal! Can't wait to see party pictures!

Anita said...

Those peony pics are PERFECT!! We had lots of peony bushes when we lived in Illinois when I was a kiddo, and I still remember them. Too fun to watch everyone grow up with peony pictures!!