Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 4, 2010

Getting close now...

Our hope is that our plumbing contractors and electrician can come on Friday to finish up the last of the installations. Chris will be spending Thursday night painting the laundry room/half bath. I can't wait to get the dryer/washing machine out of my kitchen. Maybe I can finally stop dreaming about tornadoes??? I don't think the drywall dust will ever go away.

Here are a few more fun pictures of the girls in their new bedrooms. This evening, we dismantled the bunk bed and we rearranged the location of the bed in Josie's room.

I also hung a few wall decals (note the cute owls) and set up her big dollhouse.

Emma spent this evening arranging her books in her built-in bookcase. We still have several more tubs to unpack and special items to hang on her walls, but it's coming together really nicely. My mom is sewing her window seat cushion and I can't wait to see Emma curled up with a good book in her window seat.

When I checked on Emma late Wednesday evening, Penny was sleeping at the foot of her bed. I think I've officially lost my furry bed partner. I can't blame her. Emma's new bedroom is pretty special. PS. We thought Josie was on the mend, but she woke up with another high fever and very congested coughing. Boy, this virus is just lingering. Come on antibiotics!!! I wonder how much drywall dust is contributing to all the respiratory gunk that is going around our house? Ick.

9 comments:

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures! Bedroom makeovers are soooo much fun! I love the owl decals!

redmaryjanes said...

Just Beautiful!

Shanna said...

Both rooms look so wonderful! Very exciting!

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, it looks great!!!

So sorry Josie is still not 100%. I just cannot wait for SPRING!!!

Courtney said...

The rooms are looking great. It is almost over! Happy Friday!

Karin said...

Wow...both rooms look awesome!! I was just looking at that wall decal the other day at Target. :) Now that I see how cute it is, I just might have to get it for my girls. :)

Mike and Barb said...

They look so "YOU" (even though we've never met in real life!)
You must be so happy to have this project almost done!
I hope Josie will feel better soon! We can't shake it around here either - now Nina has the same gunk the others had, and 2 boys have a stomach virus *ugh*
Is winter over yet?????
Love, Barb

Cindy said...

love both girls room. Thanks for the info on the beds. I can't wait to start a makeover in Ava's room soon.

Sarah said...

Where did you find the owl decals??