Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 15, 2011

A makeover...

Look UP! I've given my blog header a make-over. To honor my favorite room in my house, I'm featuring a few items found on top of a children's dish hutch in the corner of my craft room. The paper dolls, doll dress, doll comb/brush and bead box were acquired over many trips to the Allegan Antique market. I can't wait for this outdoor market to start back up again on April 30th. The pink squeaky leather shoes were purchased in China and were one of the many pairs that came home with us on our adoption trip. I miss Josie's tiny toddler feet...sigh.

Feel free to take the full craft room tour. It's available on this post. I often get asked when I have time to be in this room...let's just say I probably don't get enough sleep. Once the lunches are packed and the girls are in bed, the glue gun gets plugged in. I can't tell you how many times, Chris has gone to bed before I realize just how late it really is. Oops. If that pesky University job didn't get in the way (actually I like my job most days) you'd find me in here during the daylight hours.

My craft project(s) to-do list for this week includes attempting to make a felt cherry pie and felt pizza for Josie's play kitchen (I think I've become addicted to making felt play food).

I'm also hoping to give my thrifted half aprons make-overs. Stay tuned.


Tonight we're sneaking in a trip to the Princess Diana Exhibit before it leaves town. I can't wait!

Happy Tuesday, my friends.
Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with - the felt food has me hooked too! J and J just love it!! But I need to figure out how to make some Ethiopian food! :)

Jodee said...

Love your craft room and makeover too. Those squeaky shoes are the cutest!

Hope you have a great day!

My Vintage Mending said...

My daughter and I are going in March to the Diana exhibit. I vividly remember watching that wedding on tv. Love the new banner! I missed those squeak shoes by a couple years, darn. Can't wait to see your calorie free pie.

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Oh I love my job too, but I cant tell you how many times Ive wished I could be a stay at home wife and mommy.....which is funny because Im not married nor have any kiddos hahaha

La Vie Quotidienne said...

This is such a wonderful space full of so many treats...it is no wonder that it is your favorite room.

Joanna B said...

I love the new heading! I already can't wait to see what you do for easter!!

Lee said...

I went to the Diana exhibit last week-wonderful! My sister advised me to spend the extra and get the narration and it is well worth it, especially with the crowds. You will love it!

You and your mother have me convinced that I need to go to Allegan sometime this year! love the dishes and paper dolls and everything you have in your special craft room!

Thanks once again for the inspiration!
I will be in Orlando this weekend! Yippe!

PandaMom said...

Very vintage and cute! ; )

Life in Rehab said...

I crush on every glimpse of that space...the damage I could do with a spot like that to play in!

Beach Mama said...

Love it! I wish you could come to my house. I miss the squeaky shoes too!

Kim said...

Love the new look.. Love ya..
Hope you are having a great week..
Hugz..