Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 16, 2011

A walk in the deep, deep, DEEP woods...

On Saturday, we took a family walk behind our property.

Consumer's Energy owns the land behind our home and it's fairly undeveloped. As you can tell by my deer posts, the land is filled with lots of wildlife. As much as they are beautiful, they have been known to turn our yard into a salad bar.

If you walk far enough behind our property, it even has a tiny stream/creek.

With over eighteen inches of snow, it was the quite the workout. Since Saturday, we've had a surprise warm-up but it's going to take a lot of warm weather/rain to get rid of these snow banks.

Josie was pulled on the sled and occasionally, Emma joined her. A 7th grader is bit harder to pull.

It was a beautiful walk.


Yes. We did prop the camera on top of the sled for a family picture.
It only took 1 attempt!
XOXO

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Sooo beautiful!!! A beautiful day for a beautiful family!!

Life in Rehab said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! The little brook behind your house is sooooooo picturesque, and that family portrait? Perfection on the first try!

Donna said...

What a great family photo! And that's ALOT of snow! Finally starting to melt here, too! Yeah! Your stream looks wonderful. Oh, our backyard is a "deer buffet", too!

Lee said...

Wonderful pictures-especially the one of your family!
Great idea to walk out in the woods....I am content to sit inside! That is the difference in our ages. LOL
I am excited about our upcoming adventures...but NLT the early and looong drive.

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful. My favorite part of snow is how quite it makes the world. It just cleans everything up to have the floor so white. So much fun. Smiles, Renee

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

I used to go for walks with my grandparents back in their woods and those are memories I'll always cherish. Its those little things that really mean the most

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What cute pictures...the one of you all at the end is simply perfect!

PandaMom said...

Gorgeous winter and I LOVE that family pic!!!!!!! It's a framer! ; )

Jodee said...

Holy cow! I can't believe the amount of snow you still have! That is complete craziness!

Your property looks fabulous! I love the family picture too!

Hope you had a Happy Hump Day!

Unknown said...

Dear Kim, Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I too have a very special spot in my heart for China as my husband has traveled there many times. I am absolutely delighted by your lovely blog and family. Your craft room is simply charming. If you do not know this about me, I give away all of the crafts I make to just the right place they need to be. I would love to send my New Year Garland Hanger in celebration of the holiday to you if you would like it. Please let me know at elizabeth.andrus@yahoo.com I would also love to post about your blog if I may. Elizabeth