Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 22, 2010

Ready for Autumn?

I really don't want to think about packing lunch boxes, early morning alarm clocks so that Emma can catch the 6:40am school bus, Emma starting junior high (eek), juggling my crazy work schedule with everything that needs to get done at home (goodbye Mr. Mom...I'll miss you), but I'm soooo ready for the cool, crisp fall air, and all the crafting and fun that comes along with the big holidays (especially Halloween).

Over the weekend, I put away all my beach/summer decorations on top of my china hutch and switched it over to fall. The pumpkin images you see in frames were available on the Graphics Fairy blog and I just printed them off and put them in black frames that I picked up from the Dollar Store. I just love using her images for crafting projects.

In between housekeeping and working at the University this weekend, I picked up these orange containers at the Dollar Tree.

Don't they just scream Halloween? They are currently sitting on the counter in my craft room and I can't wait to jazz them up with some crepe paper ruffles, ribbon, glitter, and fill them with special Halloween treats.

I also used my Michael's coupon and picked up some translucent paper to make candle covers.

The Graphics Fairy has all kinds of wonderful skeleton and Halloween clip art that I downloaded and printed onto my translucent paper.

I then cut out the graphics and taped it around my candle holders.

So creepy...and I can't wait to cluster a bunch of them together on the mantle.

My blogging artist friend Lee, has double dared me to start decorating for Halloween. I'm so tempted.

12 comments:

Kim said...

OMW... you are soooo CRAFTY..
I wish I had a 1/4 of your craftiness..
Love the new look..
Hugz..
thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog..
Love ya..
You are always there for me.. Hugz..
I will be getting a picture of my frame soon..
I am slow...

Lee said...

I do enjoy your crafty tips so much! Hope I have time to visit some of the craft stores before heading back up north Tuesday. Oldest son is coming home tomorrow so I will be busy getting plenty of hugs and cooking favorite meals. Sure miss those things when the kids live so far away!
Have a great week!

Sarah and Jack said...

we are supposed to have two days this week with temps in the upper 70's. If that really does happen, I am opening the windows and putting out the Halloween stuff.

Never mind that it will be 120 again next week.

PandaMom said...

You are worse than ME girl! LOL!! I start decorating for fall at the first of September and you busted out with it in August! I have a friend who starts listening to Christmas music on October 1st every year. LOL!!

POOR baby girl (and you!) for a 6:40 AM bus??? YIKES!!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- you are crafty! So cute!! What great ideas you have!

Have a great week!

Janet

Cindy said...

Hi Kim,
I love Fall so much, and I just love everything concerning Fall decor! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year. . .

Congrats to Emma on a job well done! It is hard getting back to the routine. . . We are starting on week three of the 2010-11 school year. I feel your pain!

We have been doing lots around the house the past two weekends. I hope to get to blog sometime this week and do a big reveal of all the home projects that are finally coming to a finish.

Much love,
Cindy

Jodee said...

I, too, am soooo ready for fall! I finally ordered Kamree's Halloween costume today! Whooo hooo! Bring on all things black and orange and spooky!

Love your frames!

Karin said...

I am still in denial that summer is over. My kids start school Sept. 8th and until then, it's summer!! :) I did buy a fall wreath for my front door though--but only because it was 40% off. :)

Tammy said...

It's hard to think of Autumn when it's still in the 90's here. A girl can dream, though...

Happy Crafting!

PetraB said...

Great projects, love your crafty ideas. The lights look so lovely.

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

It's almost that time of year, isn't it?! I love your autumn vignette and that bat votive holder is too awesome!! Excellent idea about doing several of the votives and grouping them together, what a spooky presentation that will make! Thanks so much for linking this up to Brag Monday.

Shanna said...

Go Kim go!! You are my favorite Halloween friend! It is never too early to decorate. Ive been picking up a few goodies here and there too. I really like this votive idea. Thanks for sharing! I am inspired!