Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 6, 2010

Blame it on the rain...

Knowing that thunderstorms were predicted for Tuesday and neither of us wanted to haul wet mulch, Chris and I had the nursery deliver the other 8 yards yesterday.

This means that we got 15 yards of mulch laid in less than 12 hours. Neither of us can walk upright today, but it's all done.

They weather predictions were accurate. We certainly got lots of rain. Unfortunately, this means lots of mosquitoes later. Those pesky bugs are the enemy with our poor Josie. She has such a terrible reaction to mosquito bites...sigh.

Today has been the perfect day to be curled up inside with my glue gun!! When we leave later this week to visit our friends, we'll be bringing an early birthday present for their daughter. I decided she needed a fairy house. The variations on these houses are endless.

I took apart the leaves from a silk flower arrangement and used my glue gun to attach the leaves and flower blossoms to the roof. I also used them to frame shutters around the windows.

I hope she enjoys it. Tomorrow is my day of thrifting & antiquing with my mom and sister. I can hardly contain myself!!


7 comments:

Courtney said...

You may be sore now, but at least that task is done! Love the fairy house. Have a great day tomorrow!

Mike and Barb said...

Oh, wow, that looks like a lot of work!! Fresh mulch always looks SO NICE, though! Great job, supermom!
Enjoy the antiquing - I think if we ever manage to meet in real life, that's what we have to do. Haven't done it in years!!!
Love, Barb

Jodi said...

I love your little houses! I really need to make one for Jorja - she would LOVE it!!!!

Jodee said...

Wow! Way to go! Your play area looks fabulous! Try to get some rest!

Kim said...

Once again you are sooo crafty..
love it..
Great job on the mulch..
Have a great day tomorrow..
Hugs..

Shanna said...

How in the world did you do ALL of that? Goodness, I am sore for you! But it looks so awesome!! I am amazed at all of your green grass and blooms on the trees. Didn't it just snow?
That is one cute fairy house! I know she is going to love it!
Oh, and have fun shopping :)

Nik's Knacks said...

OK, thanks a lot. Now I have that Milli Vanilli song stuck in my head!!

Lili has terrible reactions to mosquito bites too (so do I!)

I wish I could go antiquing with you!! I'm so jealous :)