Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 19, 2010

Feta Lemon Chicken & Week Highlights

Sunday was gray and windy. A good day to be warm and cozy inside and spend some time in the kitchen. This is one of my favorite chicken dishes.



• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
• 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese, and pepper.

Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.

*This chicken dish goes really well with green beans and mash potatoes. Happy cooking!

PS. I have a big week ahead with work obligations and an evening parent orientation for Emma's Junior High. How the heck did she got old enough to be going into Junior High? More importantly, how am I old enough to have a soon-to-be 7th grader? We will also be celebrating Josie's 2nd Heart Anniversary (which is a good excuse to eat out and write a long blog post about how much our lives have changed because of her open-heart surgery). On Friday, my husband and I are looking forward to a night on the town eating tapas at our favorite restaurant. But, can I admit that the highlight of my upcoming week will be antiquing with my Mom and little sis on Sunday? In MI the Allegan Antique outdoor fair closes once it gets cold. It happens the last Sunday of the month from now until October. You never know what treasurers need to be discovered!!

I hope you get to do exactly what you want this week.

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Junior high? No way! Where do the years go, anyway?!

It sounds like you have a busy week. We do too! I am already counting down the days until the weekend and it's only Monday!

Have a fun busy week!

Anonymous said...

Emma is going into Jr. High???? Yikes....wasn't she born a couple of months ago? I'm sure of it.... :-) Sherry