Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 16, 2010

Less than a month away...

Mother’s day, just like any other holiday will be here before you know it. Over the next couple of weeks, I’m hoping to share a few ideas that can be used for ALL the special ladies in our lives. Just in case you need a project for the weekend, here's one of my favorites that I gave to my mother at Christmas a year ago. Chris's mom has now become a tea drinker and I think Nana needs a special box of tender tea for Mother's day.



Supplies needed:

Box of tea bags
Photographs
Scissors
Tape

Step 1. Open up a box of tea and pull out the individual tea bag envelops.

Step 2. Unseal each tea bag envelop and carefully pull out the tea bag.

Step 3. Take a bunch of pictures and cut them to fit onto the paper that is attached to the tea bag string. My printer actually has a photo ID function which allowed me to print them off quickly in smaller size which I then cut apart.


Step 4. Attach a picture to the tea bag string with glue or tape and then place the tea bag back in the original envelop (this is the most time consuming part).

Step 5. Repeat steps 1 - 4. Get the kids involved in this project. They might not be able to take apart of the envelops without ripping them, but they can help with assembling and taping the pictures.


What a fun way to start out each morning seeing a special loved ones face over a cup of tea!

For my adoptive Mommies who enjoy Jasmine tea, my favorite online store is Pearl River. Their prices are amazing (100 bags for $3.25). I've enjoyed this brand for the last five years. I love everything on Pearl River's website. Heck, I might just need to pick out a few new things for myself for Mother's Day!


6 comments:

Courtney said...

What a cute idea. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim said...

cute idea.. might have to try that tea..
Have a great weekend...
Hugs..

Shanna said...

I love this! Brilliant!
My goodness, how have I missed so many great posts lately? Love the ice cream shop pics!

Jodee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodee Leader said...

Great idea! She will love it!

I had a typo in my last comment so I deleted it! Sorry!

Unknown said...

That is such a great idea!! I'm adding this to my Mother's Day Inspirations. Thanks for sharing it!!!