Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 28, 2010

Shall we take a peek?

Despite the heavy rain showers on Sunday, I picked up some lovely gems at the Allegan Antique market. Shall we take a peek?

This vintage Chinese checkerboard is probably my favorite acquisition because of its graphics.

It even has all its marbles.

I believe I've started a Chinese checkerboard collection!!

Speaking of collections, I had picked up several children's record albums several years ago to hang in Emma's nursery. I unpacked them when my craft room was finished and Chris hung them on the bulk head.

I found several others on Sunday.

I especially like the graphics from the Three Little Kittens record.

I'm a sucker for vintage Children's books...especially those with beautiful illustrations.

When I saw this owl book, I knew I had to have it for my Halloween collection.

Speaking of illustrations, this is a magazine cover from 1925.
Isn't she sweet?

Can you tell I'm having fun decorating my craft room? Believe it or not, I have more purchases to unveil. I just need to get some things painted/fixed up a bit first. Thanks for letting me show you around my craft room. Be sure to come back!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Too cute!! I love them all! I love vintage!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love these! I especially love those records. Oh my lands, are you creative, with an eye for decorating.

And, on another note, I was able to read the characters on your Chinese checkers game! I know, I know, but *I* was excited. It says Zhong1 Guo2 Qi2. Heh.

Shanna said...

I'm back!! And so glad to catch up on your blog! I've missed so much :(
Love all your purchases from the antique market. Can't wait to take you antiquing here in ATL!

Nik's Knacks said...

Love, love, love it all!
I just love the old graphics. All the technology we have now and nothing compares, huh?
I've seen ads in our local paper for the flea market. If you keep enticing my with your finds, you might just find me there one day!!

Cindy said...

I love all your finds, but especially what you do with them! Have a great weekend. . .
Many hugs,
Cindy

Mike and Barb said...

Those are so "YOU"!!!
Happy decorating!
Barb

Karin said...

oohhhh...love the Chinese Checkerboards. SO COOL! I've never seen anything like that!!

Kim said...

Love it... go check out my blog I left you something..
Hugs..
Have a great weekend...

Lesa said...

I love this idea of yours!! Yes, you have a good eye for decorating.
I have several collections of children's readers myself. Several things you collect I have some similar. Just need to have a room of my own to play with.