Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 25, 2008

Christmas continued


Christmas afternoon we traveled to be with my family where the girls got to enjoy their cousins and open EVEN MORE presents.



Chris and I are convinced that we need to take half of our toy collection and make a large donation to Goodwill.







The one thing that didn't make our Christmas complete this year was that my Godmother is in the Intensive Care Unit at our local hospital battling pneumonia. Please know that you are in our prayers, Aunt Jean. We are all praying for a speedy recovery.

And to all those families that follow our blog and assume that the girls are perfectly behaved all the time, don't let my pictures fool you. I'm not giving away any family secrets, but let's just say that Josie's behavior since her hand surgery has resulted in more meltdowns, biting episodes and slug-fests (with her casted arm) than Chris and I have ever seen before. My sister will secretly appreciate seeing this picture posted on our blog.



To end on a more positive note, I have to thank Barb who send us a lovely care package. Those yarn ponchos are perfect for Josie's casted arm and she looks pretty darn cute.



I hope you are all having a lovely holiday enjoying family and friends. Our first Christmas as a family of four was incredibly special.

5 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

Wow, Kim, you have been busy posting away, and I just now see it - tz tz tz... How dare me ... ;-))
Thank you for sharing Christmas with us, the good and the ugly.... I don't know what makes us grown-ups think that this will be this picture perfect time... after all, our lives the rest of the year are certainly not that way, right?
The snow is truly amazing!! I'm sure it will make for some great sledding soon!
Oh, Anya LOVES her kit doll (although she doesn't play with it that much), and got a new night gown for her.
Okay, I have an idea starting to spin in my head...... I'll email you (after I do some more thinking!)
Love, Barb

Buffi Young said...

Ok....thanks so much for posting Josie's meltdown picture. It made me sigh a sigh of relief knowing that our kids are just normal!!! Glad you have those moments too!!!! I cannot BELIEVE all the snow you have. WOW!!! Send some of that here please!!! Looks like yall had a wonderful time! Don't you just LOVE family get togethers?!?! I'm just grateful for a Saturday with NOTHING TO DO!! WHOO HOO! We're tired! Have a GREAT weekend. OH...LOVE Barb's ponchos too!! They're awesome! Talk soon! Blessings!
Buffi

Shanna said...

I don't think that there is any way around a good ol' Christmas tantrum. I even had one myself!!
Sensory overload!!
The pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
Love ya,
Shanna

Truly Blessed said...

Looks like you've had a lovely Christmas (meltdowns and all!). Aren't you especially glad the snow is melting (to make way for new, I know, but at least some of it is gone!).

It looks like the girls enjoyed the bounty of the season, and that toy doll cradle looks like it must be a family heirloom. Very cool...

RamblingMother said...

can't have a real holiday without one meltdown right?