December 17, 2008

Josie's surgery has been postponed

Last night Josie came home from daycare with a respiratory infection and was up all night coughing. I called her surgeon this morning to make sure he could still proceed if she was sick. With a respiratory infection and Josie's pretty extensive cardiac history, it's too risky and so it's being rescheduled.

I'm so disappointed. I'm trying to be positive, but the timing would have been better to do this when we could be with her for nearly 2 weeks to help her adjust to being without one arm.

At least she'll have 2 hands/arms for opening Christmas presents! Stay tuned for more.


Angela said...

Hang in there.

Shanna said...

I am so sorry.
Yes, the bright side is having both hands free for Christmas!
Keep us posted on the new surgical date.
Love ya,

Tammy said...

I'm sorry about the delay. I know waiting for the surgery is tough.
It is good news that she will be able to open presents on Christmas, though!