Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 15, 2009

Opening the Pool & Father’s Day Gift Idea

Over the weekend, our above ground pool was resurrected. The girls couldn’t be more excited about the start of swimming pool season.



The pool thermometer registered 67 degrees and their swimming lasted all of five minutes.



Chris, thanks for braving the cold waters to help the girls. I was more than happy to stand outside the pool with the camera and warm towels in hand.



Josie enjoyed the foot pool at the base of the ladder because the shallow water was very very warm. I’m hoping that the solar cover on the pool starts kicking in. I don’t usually step foot into the pool until it registers 80 degrees. Maybe while we are away on vacation next week, the pool will warm up (wishful thinking).



Can you believe Father's Day is next weekend? We’ll be on vacation so we are going to celebrate a bit early this week. If you want something fun and more original than a tie or socks, I’ve got a super easy project that can be constructed from a dollar store nightlight.

This nightlight originally had a paper insert of a snowman(which I promptly took out). I printed a black/white picture of the girls on vellum paper and then replaced their image inside the nightlight. Isn’t this cute?



Daddy is also getting a couple of other handmade gifts from Emma which I’ve promised to keep a secret. A month ago, he also picked out a high-powered weed whacker (which he’s been happily using).

Happy “early” Father’s Day to all the Mr. Mom's!

10 comments:

Shanna said...

The girls look like they are having a blast, cold water and all! I too won't step in a pool that isn't warmer.
Great Father's Day gift idea! Chris is sure to love it!!

Courtney said...

I would be with you on the side of the pool, it has to be 80's for me. Love the night light!

thatgirlblogs said...

I love the nightlight. wonder where I can find one like that??

Thanks for visiting my blog today :)

Ashton said...

That is so cute! Perfect for Father's Day! Great Idea! :)

Angela said...

The pool will warm and yes the weed wacker would rule in our house.

Tammy said...

I hope the pool warms up for you soon! Yeah, we're up to 99 degrees here so getting in the pool isn't the problem it's having to get out!

I'm sure your dh will love the present--it's adorable!

Have fun next week!

Buffi Young said...

what a GREAT gift!!! You are SO creative!!! So neat you guys are at your pool!!! I hope it warms up soon! I don't get in too often either!! I just like to tan!! :) Hope you have a great vacation!
Love ya,
Buffi

Karin said...

What a great idea for Father's Day! You are amazingly creative. I have shivers thinking about the pool water...Your kids are brave. Adorable pictures of them--and their lips aren't even blue. :)

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I love the night light idea!

And, I don't like COLD pool water, either. Grandma's pool, however, is already warm here in south Georgia. Today was a beautiful day for swimming with highs in the upper 90s.

Robbie

Mike and Barb said...

That pools looks heavenly! Oh my, my kids would LOVE it!
Barb