Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 2, 2011

Allegan Antique Market in May!

My mother, sister and I dodged a major thunderstorm and enjoyed several hours scouring the antique booths at the Allegan Antique market on Sunday. This show didn't disappoint.

Maybe it's a good thing it only happens once a month. Although the moose and the flamingos didn't come home with us, many other things did.

A clock (it works and even has a drawer)
It's going in the treehouse.

Shell art
Possibly going in the treehouse, kitchen or craft room.



Glass eggs with millinery flowers


More pinecone elves to add my collection

More lantern Christmas bulbs for my collection


A frog, glass toothpick holder (which will be used for a button bouquet) and half apron


My favorite item of the day was this $12 table.

Using left over paint from the treehouse floor, I gave it a makeover.
I left it distressed looking in many spots, but I'm totally in love with the new look.
This is definitely going in the treehouse!!


It's the perfect size playing board games and having tea parties.
Happy Thrifting!!
Happy Thursday!

Linking up with...
Happy Rednesday over at It's A Very Cherry World!!
and Coloradolady: Vintage Thingie Thursday
and The Thrifty Groove: Thrifty Things Friday
and Dear Helen Hartman: Helen's Openhouse

XOXO




18 comments:

vivian said...

great finds. will the table be going in the tree house too? We dont have any great fleamarkets around here. I guess there is a pretty good size one on sundays through out the summer in Clarence,but last time I went I was so disappointed I sort of figured I wouldnt go back. But it a great garage sailing time of year!
I have today and tomorrow off and will spend today with torry pie! gotta go pick him up by 7:00am.. so I should go get dressed and get going.
have a great day!
vivian

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Great finds!, those pinecone elves are adorable, I have never seen elves like that before. I always learn something new from your thrifting adventures.
I really like what you did with the table, I think it will be perfect in the space. Have a great day!

Lee said...

green with envy here...so many great things!
Someday I really need to head to that market....sigh.
Have a great day!

DearHelenHartman said...

How could you leave that Moose behind? It seemed to really like you.

Well, what you did bring home was a great haul. (But you're going to dream about the moose, I bet)

Karin said...

Swooon....soooo wish I had one of those antique places to visit. I am always looking for photography props and I just KNOW there would be some great ones at your antique weekends. :) LOVE the table!!!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

KIM!! Im so jealous of that table. And $12??? What a steal!

Diann said...

Great finds Kim! love your table. You need to tell me where this Allegen Market is. And when is it open? Thank you in advance for joining TTF. My post will be up this evening. Have a great day!

LV said...

It is very hard to go to these type places and come home empty handed.

Unknown said...

Oh Wow, what a great looking antique market!! and what wonderful finds.

Tanya said...

I love everything you bought, but wish you would have added the flamingos...the moose was probably just too big for the car! Happy Thursday - Tanya

Rebecca said...

Great finds, indeed! LOVE the table! I'm stopping by from Rednesday. Come by when you get a chance.

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

birdie blue said...

fun vintage finds, kim. love the table, it's perfect for the tree house.

xo
~molly

My Vintage Mending said...

Totally jealous. I love those little lanterns and the shell art is perfect. Love those kitschy items. A flower frog? Really. I am just in heaven having shared the pics. So glad your mom and sister joined you. The table turned out so nice. The legs are fab...smiles....Renee

Anonymous said...

Your pinecone elves are just too precious! Great idea for the toothpick holder. Please post a picture once you put the button bouquet in it.

And that $12 table. That was definitely a score!
Tammy

Unknown said...

You did good, gal! I too collect those little pine cone elves. Makes me smile. Tiffany

Jodee said...

What a fun day! Love, love, love the new table!

SueLovesCherries said...

Those shell art pics are fascinating - and pretty! Awesome table, too!

Pam Kessler said...

How did I miss this table. Gorgeous. Well, not at first, but after you worked your magic on it!