Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 27, 2013

Beneath the stars...

We've spent the last 24 hours enjoying the warm temperatures and working in our yard. We actually hit over 70 degrees today.  A first since October.  I can honestly say I will have earned my Sunday antiquing time with all the raking and hauling of sticks, leaves and dead grass. 

The girls and I spent some time this weekend cleaning up the woods behind the tree house.  Emma, her best friend,  and Josie enjoyed a movie under the stars and had their first sleep over of the season in our tree house Friday night.


 Our ice rink lanterns are now on the tree house railing.


I hope you are having a lovely weekend.  I'll be back with pictures from the Allegan Antique market.  I can hardly wait!  It's been a long winter and I've missed my outdoor antique vendors.

 

15 comments:

Laura said...

That treehouse really looks like alot of fun!!!

vivian said...

Have fun today! I'll be doing my turn working outside today.. well thats my plan... we'll see how the day unfolds! lol
Happy sunday Kimmie!
xoxo

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Beautiful post! My sister and I were just chatting yesterday about how much we admire your rink lanterns, they perfect in their new location - what a great sleepover! Enjoy the warm temperatures, it's invigorating isn't it?

Lynne said...

The Tree House looks like so much fun. I imagine the girls and their friends love to play, sleep and enjoy it up there. I know I would love it .too and I am all grown up.

I will look for you today, we will arrive around eleven. Two of us one short, one taller, (me.). I heard there might be rain showers . . .

Jodee said...

Hooray for spring! I think it has finally arrived here too. Love, love, love your treehouse! Cute pictures under the stars!

Simply Shelley said...

The treehouse is wonderful.....I can imagine the fun your girls have there...blessings

Jboo said...

I LOVE that treehouse of yours!! Finally -- warm weather to enjoy!! Yay!

Nellie said...

Spring has finally come for you! Enjoy this day at the Antique Market.

xo Nellie

Pam Kessler said...

Wishing you luck at the market!

Anonymous said...

Movie under the stars! How fun!

I'm sore all over from yard work and it feels good!

I'll be posting my new garage sale treasures a soon as my blog straightens up! ♥

Donna said...

A movie beneath the stars sounds just magical, Kim! Your girls have the most fun (and I bet you do too, in the process!). Hope you don't get rained out at the market, it looks like an all day rain here!

vintage grey said...

Yay, so glad the sun was shining and warmly for you!! Can't wait to see your treasures!! xo Heather

Lutka And Co. said...

What a magical childhood...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for forwarding the book to your hubs. I liked the illustrations. The kids loved the book. It's warm here, too. Hubs is doing the hard work, and then I drag around the hose and rake a bit. Hope you had fun antiquing!

Cheryl G. said...

Sweetest space!
It looks like lots of fun!
Lucky girls!