Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 1, 2016

The day after Halloween

Twas the day after Halloween
There was so much to do
The thought of packing everything up again
Made this family feel very blue.

Potions had been made
Decorations had been bought
Pumpkins had been all the rage
Now, the ghouls have to be caught.

Paper lanterns and streamers have been flying
There is sweeping to do
Stressed out Dracula is crying
For the day after Halloween he is very blue.

As the witches spring to their brooms and gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the smoke of a missile.
But I heard them exclaim, as they flew out of sight,
"Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good night!"

It’s safe to say our 25th annual Halloween party was a success.  

Emma even came home from college for a few hours!

We also had fantastic weather for trick-or-treating. 

 Now, who wants to help me pack up all this chaos?

14 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

How fun. We love to go all out too.

Margaret said...

I know its a lot of work but so worth it! So sad to take stuff down. Some of it I just relocate so I can still see it!

Shara said...

Bless your heart and all that work! You should charge admission to your house!!!! Just take down a skeleton and replace it with a Santa. Easy peasey. (Ha!)

craftyles said...

Love your poem! Glad you had a great party. I'd love to help but , darn, I live in Texas.lol.
Good luck!

NanaDiana said...

Oh yes! For every action there is a REACTION....didn't I learn that somewhere? lol Now to pack up all that wonderful stuff that got unpacked and displayed....and then I know you will be on to Thanksgiving and Christmas. xo Diana

Lynn said...

Sounds like another successful party! It's never as much fun to take down as it is to put up, is it:@)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Can I be honest and say I'm glad I am too far away to help? lol. Your place looks great! Maybe invite your friends who enjoyed the party back to an "undecorate" party. :)

vivian said...

If I lived near you I would surely be there to help you! I also would have been at your party. Im ready to put mine away.. but I have some projects that require my attention first. have fun!
xoxo
vivian

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I just finished putting all mine away and it took about 5 hours. I can't imagine how long yours will take. EGADS!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You made a poem! You certainly put on a great party for your family and friends! Happy packing up!
warmly,
deb

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Kim, that is really cute how you added your own twist on the classic poem! How is Emma liking her first year at college?

Lynne said...

Wasn't a treat to have a Warm Weather Halloween Bonanza!
Looks like you created a 25 Year, Over the Top Celebration!
Happy Halloween . . .
and packin'. It all up!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Another spendiferious Halloween party. Each year they get better and better. I don't envy you putting it all away but I know you enjoy doing it, that makes it all worth the effort.

donna said...

Love your poem. You are so clever. Oh if I just lived near you I would be right there to help. Looks like everyone had a great time. So glad your daughter could come home for a few hours and join in the fun.
Hugs
donna