Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 9, 2009

Party Decorations Continued...

Wouldn't you know it. Yesterday it was 70s and today it's in the 50s and raining. Not great weather for a tropical-themed birthday party. Oh well. Chris and I were up until midnight finishing decorations. As I said in an earlier post, if I could switch careers and do something entirely different from academic computing, I'd be a Children's birthday party planner. I just love it. My husband is equally obsessed with party decorations (just check back to our October archives and you'll see our Halloween party pictures). Anyways, here are a few more party decorations continued...











Here's a breakdown of some of the birthday party activities. Each child will get a lei and grass skirt after they arrive through the airport terminal. Then they will get their picture taken with the digital camera to put in their passport. My printer has an ID function which makes the picture process really easy. I put the passports together in Microsoft Word (in case any of you want the passport template, just leave me a message). They will also get their name tags with their Hawaiian name. I found a website that converts English names to Hawaiian names. As guests arrive, they will go to our sunroom and create tissue paper flowers to put in their hair (another easy craft that I posted back in February), from there they will go downstairs to play Karaoke and then a hula hoop game. We'll end with presents and food.

Have I told you that I'm working during the start of today's party? My work schedule at the University has been nuts. Not the best timing, but I'll race through my computer classes and then get back within an hour of it starting. Thank goodness Chris LOVES to host parties (not sure what he'll say after I return home and he's been alone with twelve girls by himself). Stay tuned for more pictures later this weekend. Have a super Mother's Day. I'm hoping for breakfast in bed tomorrow. I think I'll need it after today...

2 comments:

Karin said...

HOW COOL is that?!??! WOW! :) I bet all the kids look forward to coming to your parties!! :)

Mike and Barb said...

Wow, that's amazing!!!
I hope you guys will have a wonderful time at the party!
Hugs
Barb