Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 13, 2009

Let the holiday festivities begin…

Look what I recently found while exploring my favorite antique store!

Why put these things away? I'll only have to dig them out again after Thanksgiving, and there’s a very good chance I’ll tuck them away somewhere special and forget where I put them. I’m starting a Christmas corner in my house…don’t tell anyone.

And for those who keep asking what I'm working on for Christmas - here's a tease.
I just love Christmas villages. The cardboard made-in-Japan-kind are my favorite. I especially love ones that have seen better days. Any excuse to get out my glue, fine glitter and trim makes me happy.

Speaking of glitter and glue, Josie and I worked on another Thanksgiving craft.



Step 1. Recycle a glass jar.


Step 2. Coat the glass jar in glue (I diluted the glue with a bit of water and let Josie use my sponge brush).

Step 3. Press on a few fall leaves onto your jar and then brush another layer of glue over top of the leaves.
Step 4. Sprinkle a bit of fine glitter over the top of the leaves and let dry.


Step 5. Fill your jar with a battery operated candle or tea light candle and enjoy!


To all my prayer warriors out there, my Chris's mom is back in the hospital.

She's been in and out of the hospital quite a bit since August with complications from her diabetes and congestive heart. We are all worried about her. Any extra prayers would be welcome right now. She'll be undergoing a heart catheterization on Tuesday in the hopes that they can figure out why she is retaining so much fluid in her lower extremities. We're praying for you, Nana!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the leaf candle holder. I totally agree with you on putting the Christmas stuff away. I ready to start decorating, but am holding out a little longer! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Shanna said...

I gave in to the temptation and put out a few Christmas decorations. Kai and Chloe LOVE it!
I found my button trees from last year and remembered how much fun we had making them. I am looking forward to more Kim crafts!!
I hope all goes well with MIL's procedure on Tuesday. Keep us posted.

Kim said...

Love the new things you made.. you are sooo talented...
Hugs to you and the family..

Nicole said...

Prayers for your family...

We'll need to take down our decorations this weekend... we'll be heading out of town for Thanksgiving, and I want to have everything up before we leave so we can come home to a decorated house!!! :)

Karin said...

So sorry to hear about Chris' mom. I will pray right now.

LOVE the craft--you are amazing!!