Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 28, 2013

Holiday treasures from the weekend...

Before I went into work Saturday afternoon, Chris, Josie and I managed to find two 50% off estate sales.
 
We're on the look out for old wooden folding chairs for our potting/storage shed to use as portable seating. We didn't find any chairs, but I did manage to find some Christmas and Halloween goodies. 

The Christmas table cloth is the perfect size for my table.  Ignore the wrinkles.

This handmade Halloween clown outfit was .50 cents.

I'll use it as decoration and add pom pom to the buttons and some additional trim around the collar.

A black cat figurine, puppet and floral picks will also get holiday makeovers.

The dutch salt and pepper shakers will be relocating to my sister's house.  I also couldn't resist this squeaky toy.  She'll  join my other Easter treasures. 

There's was a special estate sale that happened Tuesday (yesterday).  It was Chris's last day home before he returns to his elementary schools.  He did real good.  Pictures coming soon. 

21 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh I love what you got! Those little Santas remind me of ones we had as kids in the 70's. We had lots of decorations with that particular Santa on them. What great estate sales you have. Ours usually don't have great stuff so if I am lucky enough to make any finds, it is usually after many I have attended. an't wait to see what else you got! Have a great day! The weekend is coming and you have 3 days of fun and freedom! Maggie

Perfectly Printed said...

How sweet is that squeaky toy??? Love the eyes!!!

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Sounds like Chris is a hooked estate sale guy like his gal!

Pam Kessler said...

I'm peeing my pants over that Halloween outfit. That is so cool!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So many sweet things! Love everything the Halloween costume will be fun for sure! :) And you can't beat those prices!! xo Holly

Lee said...

Great finds! The clown outfit looks familiar...was it from an estate sale on Skyway? I live so close to it~ I was there twice!
I am staying away from sales this week...I keep telling myself that my house is full! LOL

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Kim,
Great finds, my friend!! I am playing catch AGAIN!! Thanks so much for always stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Your opening pic of Christmas goodies made my heart skip a beat! ♥

Jboo said...

Wow -- super cute! We had a tablecloth just like that growing up!

Nellie said...

You find such wonderful things, Kim! I don't know HOW you do it! Can't wait to see what Chris found! xo Nellie

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh, I like that tablecloth! Very pretty!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I would have snagged that squeaky toy in a heartbeat!
Glad Chris had one last fling before he heads back to school...waiting to see what he found!

Lutka And Co. said...

You are amazing at finding great estate items! I especially like the little witch and Easter squeaky - too cute!

LBP said...

I have that little bunny doll too! She was actually mine from when I was little!! You found some great things!

Blessings

Linda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A handmade halloween costume? OH MY! How sweet is that! You just never know what you'll find. I still think I should give your hubby a list of what I 'need'! He's GOOD! heehee!

NanaDiana said...

Wow- You sure did find some great Holiday things!!!! I love that squeaker toy- xo Diana

Corey said...

Love the little Halloween clown costume- so sweet! ANd so is that bunny squeaker! You guys are such great treasure-hunters!

Donna said...

Now why am I not surprised that you are thinking ahead to Christmas and other holidays, Kim?:) Love that tablecloth. You always find the neatest treasures!

Tammy's in Love said...

Super fun costume! I can just see it after you make cuteness alterations! The mini Christmas characters are so unique, I've never seen anything like them, what do you think they were for? In bows on packages? Hmmm?

Jenn Erickson said...

What incredible finds! Gosh, I'd love to go treasure hunting with you some day!

Especially love that little Easter fellow!

Vintage goodness abounds!
Jenn