Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 15, 2010

Another excuse to use chalkboard paint...

When I saw this post on making personalized beach buckets/sand pails with chalkboard paint, I knew I had to try it for Josie's party.

The trick to this craft is to make sure you use lots of tape so that the paint doesn't leak under the edges and to give it enough coats of of chalkboard paint (hint hint).

I used Josie's birthday bucket to hold our rainbow birthday napkins/silverware, but it's going to be re-purposed to hold hair ribbons and barrettes in her bedroom.

Aside from the beach, it could even be used to hold crayons and art supplies. Right now, you can easily find sand pails at the Dollar Store. How cute would this be for a fourth of July party to have red and blue sand pails! The options are endless.

Happy Crafting!
PS. Only 4 more days until our annual Lake MI cottage vacation!
I can hardly stand to be at work! Come on Saturday!

8 comments:

Shanna said...

Wooooohooooo! I know you are SO ready for your cottage at the beach! Counting down the days with you!

Jboo said...

Wow -- very cool! I may have to try this one myself!

Have a great beach vacation! I'm so jealous!

Janet

PandaMom said...

I'm feeling the need to go buy chalk paint for....SOMEthing! ; )

Lee said...

Terrific ideas-as usual!
Enjoy your vacation. Soak up the sun!

Karin said...

I love your beach vacation! :) And the buckets are adorable.

Courtney said...

These are so cute. I may have to whip some of these up for Logan and Madison.

Jodee said...

Those buckets turned out soooo cute! You could use them anywhere!

Enjoy your time away!

Anonymous said...

Where did you take you rainbow paper??? I want to use the paper glitter rainbow kit but im looking for something extra... :)