Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 30, 2010

Junk in my trunk...

Over the weekend (which didn't include my monthly Allegan Antique market shopping excursion...I had too much going on at home & work) I took the girls to several stores to finish up Emma's back to school shopping. I also managed to squeeze in an appearance at my University for a few hours too, but I rewarded myself later to a trip the Dollar Tree. Would you like to see a few of the items that ended up in my trunk? It just so happened my cell phone camera accompanied me into the store.

Let's take a peek, shall we?

A few of these harvest doilies are on my office door bulletin board but the rest of them will be used on a fall garland project.


The foliage at the Dollar Tree continues to surprise me. What a big selection and I have BIG plans to give my current fall wreath a make-over. Stay tuned for makeover pics.

I realize the skulls and the grave stones are creepy, but I simply couldn't resist bringing home a few. With a bit of glue and some very fine glitter, they are going to be fantastic at Halloween. Pics to follow later.

While we're talking about Halloween, I'm going to be honest. I was disappointed in Martha's 2010 Halloween magazine. Sorry, Martha.

As a Halloween fanatic and an devote collector of all her special edition magazines, there were simply too many recycled projects in this issue. I wanted more "new" ideas. The magazine came home with me, but for $9.99 - I seriously think they need to put ME on their staff...hee hee.

Wanna see what I'm really excited about? Paper Glitter has an adorable Halloween party kit now available. I've used Paper Glitter for Emma's birthday party, as well as Josie's birthday party, and her kits never disappoint.

I can't wait to get started with this for our upcoming Halloween festivities. I can already tell my Labor day weekend is going to be filled with lots of orange and black crepe paper.

Happy Crafting!

10 comments:

linnette from paperglitter.com said...

Thanks fo rthe shout out Kim :) +hugs+ and have a great week! I will send you the kit if I finish it earlier than expected!

Kim said...

You are UNBELIEVABLE...
you are always making some really neat and cute stuff..
Love ya..
Hugz..

Lee said...

I agree about Martha's new Halloween Handbook. I really enjoyed Somerset Studio-The Art of Paper and Mixed Media.
It had a small gravestone with the following verse;
By the pricking
of my thumbs,
Something wicked
this way comes!
Lovely sentiments for a Halloween party!

Courtney said...

Sorry Martha disappointed, I am sure you will come up with some great ideas of your own. Have a great week, we are one day closr to the weekend.

Karin said...

That's an amazing selection of foliage at Dollar Tree. wow... we don't have one nearby...too bad. (or maybe it's a good thing!)

Jodee said...

Holy cow! Your Dollar Tree looks wayyyy better than our store!

Hope you have a great week!

Sarah and Jack said...

Gah, I spent so much time glittering those skills last year.

The mag was a lot of rehash, which is why they costco 30% off was enticing. :-)

Jboo said...

Wow -- cool stuff! How in the world do you get so much accomplished? Send me your secret please!

Have a great week!

Janet

Renate said...

Well I was waiting to see if you said anything about Martha's new handbook. I did buy it, should have looked at it in the store, maybe I would have saved 10.00. I agree with you,I was disappointed.
Looking forward to seeing what YOU come up with. Oh, I will be stopping by Dollar Tree soon! Love your blog.

PandaMom said...

How funny that you are looking at that magazine because I thought of YOU when I saw it at the store this week! LOL

I LOVE the Dollar Tree--they have sooo many fabulous little treats & treasure to buy! ; )