Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 15, 2010

Things that made me smile this weekend...

1. Emma's much shorter new hair

2. My favorite coffee cup filled with extra whipped cream & sprinkles

3. Sneaking off to my favorite thrift store

4. My girls in their matching tops

5. Enjoying a game of Scooby Doo

6. Celebrating my mom's birthday

7. My silly frog candle holders & flowers on the mantle

8. Playing outside


9. Picking fresh vegetables from our garden

10. Making homemade corn & tomato salsa with our produce

I hope you had lots of reasons to smile over the weekend. I'm going to try and remember all the good things that happened over this past weekend when I start to get stressed at the University this week. I've got a hectic load of faculty appointments and new faculty orientations to conduct. Emma's in theater camp this week and will be performing in "Jungle Book" on Friday. We can't wait to cheer her on. Be sure to stay cool and keep smiling!!

8 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE IT..
That is what I need to do to get through these rough days ahead..
Tomorrow we are going to file papers.. ready for things to move on but it is a sad thing also..
Love you and thank you for making me smile..
Hugs..
I love my frame..when I get the photo printed and framed I will post..
THANK YOU ..

Courtney said...

Good luck this week. Tomorrow is my official start and the kids come Wednesday, so summer break is coming to a close. Love Emma's new hair do.

Lee said...

Emma looks older and so cute!
I really like your idea of finding things that make you smile...I need to do more of that.
I hope your week goes well for you and you have lots of smiles!

Jboo said...

Great post -- love it! Emma's haircut is so adorable! Your girls are so beautiful and look so sweet!

Hope you have a great week!

Janet

Cindy said...

Hi Kim,
Emma looks stunning in her new hairdo! Sorry to say to you, Mom, but she looks like a teenager.

Wow, Chris's project is really coming along! You know, I need to do a post on my potting room I have in our shed (People think that it is a small cottage, and the county assessor almost charged us more on our taxes the year it was built!)

We did some small projects here and there this weekend. . .And I finally found an antique mantle for my foyer! (That is the highlight of my next post, when I can get it together.)

Thanks for the reminder of what is really important! With school in full swing now, it has been really easy to get stressed and anxious around here.

Good luck on all your activities at work this week. I know that you have it together and are ready to tackle what is ahead!
Much love,
Cindy

Jodi said...

Love Emma's new do!!!
Love your frog candles!!!
Love your sweet post!!

Anonymous said...

Do SHARE the recipe. YUMMY!

BTW, I thought this was a Sunday Snapshot from NiHao Y'all. It was a perfect post for that! I loved seeing all of the everyday things that made you smile. Thank you for the wonderful reminder to *stop and smell the roses*!

Shelly said...

O my Gosh Emma, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your new haircut! You look so grown up and beautiful I almost cried! You are the most beautiful princess (yes you are still my princess even when you're 30) in the entire world! Miss you!

Aunt Shelly
XOXO