Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 6, 2011

2011 - Year of the Rabbit

For all my adoptive friends who want to get a jump start on Chinese New Year preparations, (celebrations begin February 3rd) Panda Express is offering a FREE Chinese New Year Kit for up to 35 students.

The FREE kit is geared for second through fourth grades and includes:
  • Panda Express’ Year of the Rabbit DVD
  • Year of the Rabbit Fact Sheet
  • Jade Emperor’s Interactive Game & Activity Sheet
  • Chinese New Year Decoration Art Activity
  • Lai See Activity Sheet
  • Bookmarks (with a Free Kids Meal with purchase coupon attached)
See here for details from Panda Express. I'm going to see what items can be adapted for Josie's preschool. Other resources to get you started with the upcoming CNY holiday:

Activity Village has all kinds of wonderful Rabbit Coloring pages here.


You can also find instructions for making an Origami Bunny here.


Kaboose has all kinds of wonderful Chinese New Year crafts/decorations here.


More Chinese New Year printables and games on Nick Jr can be found here.

I'm going to start decorating my Chinese New Year tree this weekend. A few new CNY items were given to me at Christmas and have found their way onto my sunroom tree. Here's a sneak peek.


Happy New Year!

13 comments:

Jodee said...

I better make sure my co-worker, Jan (Maddy's Mom) sees this post! What fabulous finds!

Your tree is going to be sooo cute! Happy decorating!

Kim said...

Always fun..
LOVE the dolls..
Have a great weekend..
Hugz..

La Vie Quotidienne said...

This post makes me wish that I was still teaching...we always celebrated Chinese New Year and you have some great activities here. The year of the rabbit, that must mean it will be a good year for me because I love bunnies!

Heather said...

We love bunnies at Love and Life at Leadora. We currently own a female lop eared bunny called "Bun Buns". I bet this will be a great New Year because rabbits are such sweet creatures!

Lee said...

Great ideas, as usual, Kim!
You are always planning ahead!

Jboo said...

Wow -- thanks for the tips!! I will be checking these out!

Hope you have a fun weekend!

Janet

Cindy said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Panda Express freebes. I have ordered some for Tori's preschool class. This is JJ's year as he was born in the Year of the Rabbit. Hopefully, I can find a good cupcake decorating idea for rabbits. You know Tori and I love to make those cupcakes!

I think great minds do think alike because I have plans to do my CNY tree, mantle, and get Tori's room decorated this weekend. You know my after-Christmas shopping always includes finding things I can use for CNY. World Market had some cute things this year...But Pier 1 didn't have much at all.

Hope to get my post up with the snowflake decor we added to the playroom. I have been so busy this week with school and getting back to the routine, I have had little time to even think about posting.

Just to give you an update...We are planning on kitchen renovation this summer! I went to Lowes over break to get the plans done, and just the cost of new cabinets alone made Chris and I both dizzy! So, that has but a halt to my scrap booking nook (What I really wanted to do anyway.) So, I am rethinking my space, brought my desk and treasures down to the landing, and reorganizing and researching storage. The place I have gone to do cropping workshops has a new workshop on work space and storage. I hope to attend one of the sessions soon.

Sorry to ramble. But you are my only friend I can share this stuff with who is just as excited as I am!

Sending crafting and decorating hugs your way,
Cindy

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

These all look like so much fun. The dragon ornament is my favorite though. He just looks so darn happy doesnt he?

Life in Rehab said...

You mean that really cute kid came with a free extra holiday you can decorate for? All we ended up with was Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Beach Mama said...

Kim,

Thanks for all of the CNY links! It will be here before you know it.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm saving this for my linkage post in a couple of weeks. I so rely on this post you do every year - very helpful.

Karin said...

oooohhhh...love all the CNY ideas! :) Catching up on your blog and love to see what you are doing for CNY and Valentines day. :)

Joanna B said...

I can't wait to try some of these with Mackenzie! I am so excited for CNY I can hardly stand it!