Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 25, 2011

Parasol Chandelier

Last week when I went to my favorite antique store, I saw this parasol hanging from the ceiling and decided that I needed to recreate this in my craft room.

When we traveled to China, we brought home several colorful parasols. They've been used as party decorations, but they've been folded up and stored away for several months. On Saturday, I went on a hunt for some ceiling hooks in our infamous "junk" container.

With a bit of beaded fringe from Hobby Lobby and some hot glue, I transformed my parasol from this...

...into this...

I liked it so much, I fringed another one.

As much as a white parasol would look lovely in my shabby bedroom, my colorful parasols bring a bit of spring into my craft room. Right now, I'll take ANY hint of spring while it looks like this outside.

Happy Crafting!
XOXO

18 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I am really, really, really, sick of winter too!

Love the parasol. super cute!

Lea
xo

Cindy said...

Amen to Spring...

Love the idea of fringing the parasol. Tori has one just hanging out in her closet, and I even have some of that beaded fringe,too! It would be a breath of spring for her room!

Thanks!
Cindy

Donna said...

Your parasols are just gorgeous! The beaded fringe adds just the right amount of bling! Love the springy colors, too:)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Both of these turned out very nicely and certainly add a bit of color and a feeling of fun! Hope your spring comes sooner than you think.

Heather said...

The parasols are adorable!

Lee said...

Love the parasols! they look like they are fabric...adorable with the added fringe.
I am wishing we have some sunshine soon!
Enjoy the day!

Jodi said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!

Life in Rehab said...

I did one of these as a corner light in my first apartment, but I didn't do the cool beaded fringe. VERY nice!

Joanna B said...

That is totally cute! I want one!!
And yes, winter is totally wearing on me, as well. I'm so done with coats.

Courtney said...

They look great. I am so sick of winter. Hearing the snow blower, makes me want to scream.

Karin said...

Love the parasol and Chinese umbrella's! We have tons of snow here, too. And we are supposed to get another foot tomorrow. ha

Mike and Barb said...

Wow you guys have a LOT of snow!!!!
Barb

Jodee said...

That is the perfect addition to your craft room!

Joanna said...

Those are so adorable! If only I had a girly room I could hang them in!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

WOW that's more snow than I have ever seen before! And here I was complaining about the cold and rain we're getting blasted with today

Maria Medeiros said...

Really lovely!

Anita said...

So pretty and festive looking, Kim! LOVE them!! And what is it with the snow this year? So many friends who don't even normally get snow are getting pounced on. We've barely had a flake this winter.

abeachcottage said...

Love the parasol. Very creative. Thanks for sharing.