Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Here's hoping all my friends and family members have the best and the happiest of New Years! Thanks so much for all of your support in 2009 - I can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

Do you remember our blessings jar that we started to countdown Christmas? Tonight, we'll be reading our blessings. We kept them secret from one another (minus Josie who needed a little help with the writing part).

I can't wait to hear what each of us wrote down that we were thankful for. It's so easy to get caught up on Nana's health issues and Chris's job change, but we are truly blessed and it's been an amazing year of growth for our family.

We'll also be spending our New Year's eve tucked inside our house playing board games. Josie is currently addicted to Candyland and Hi Ho Cherry-O. Harry Potter Clue is also pretty fun.

Chris and and I also have a tradition of making a few of our favorite tapas from our favorite grown-up restaurant (Spanish tortellini, potato empandas, baked goat cheese in tomato sauce, and chicken skewers with cumin mayonnaise). The girls will be dining on pizza rolls, pretzels with cheese, turkey/cream cheese roll-ups, veggies and dip, and left over Christmas cookies.

Because I'm in LOVE with my fan-shaped plates, I think this year's table might take on a Chinese flare.

I wish you all the best for a fantastic New Year.

3 comments:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Wow! You've been busy early today with this post!
I love, love, the Best of 2009 Header. Awesome!

Unfortunatley, Stan and I will be traveling 3 hours away from home to his cousins' funeral today. So, not much celebrating here. On Saturday, though, we're heading to an area amusement park.

The girls are spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa, as well as Riley, the tranplant recipient, and his twin sister Regan.

I'm taking my lap top, and hope to get much more editing done on Ellie's story.

I know your day will be loads of fun! I really want to keep a Thankful jar next year.

Robbie

Karin said...

I love your header with all the photos from 2009. Great idea!! Happy New Year, Kim. I've been blessed to get to know you this year.

Kim said...

You are always having so much fun..
And in the last photo I have to say that I am in LOVE with that Asian vase..
love ya..
Hugs..