Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

July 16, 2010

Random Pics

After my work obligations were done on Thursday, we headed to Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure.

"Us" Michigan folks aren't used to this heat/humidity.


Of course we had to sneak back into Harry Potter World.
Long live Butter Beer!



Our hotel pool is incredible!


My work obligations are over and Bb World 2010 is officially done. I actually gleaned a lot of good information and made some great contacts in higher education. Now, we're off to Magic Kingdom! Yippee!!

PS. How do my southern friends stand this heat and humidity? My hair is a disaster. I've been avoiding the camera at all costs.

6 comments:

Jodee said...

It looks like you are having a blast! Cute pictures!

We have humidity too. We have bad hair days all summer long!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

So now you know why I wear my hair short...and try to work with the curls that are already there....

Drink lots of water..and eat lots of ice. Now, you Northerners know why we always want our tea on ICE.

Have fun at the MK!

PandaMom said...

I'm living vicariously through YOU!!! ; )

Cindy said...

Hey Kim (or should I call you Ms. Chicken for avoiding the camera?),

Joking aside, this climate is murder for women! However, I know that I use less moisturizer than some of my friends out West in the dry climates!

I like my medium length hair, but that's why you see it up all the time in our late Spring/Summer pics! I can't wear it straight anymore because the body turns to curl.

And makeup!?! What is the point! I have found that the best for our climate is Bare Minerals. I have been using it for at least five years, and it holds up better that any I have tried.

Let's see. . .Magic Kingdom tips. The only thing I can think of is the fact that there is construction going on in the Kingdom (but they do a good job of hiding it). And Space Mountain was down for a few hours the last day we were there. We loved the frozen lemonade to keep us cool.

Have fun!
Cindy

Kim said...

Great photos..
Humidity doesn't do my hair any justice either..
wait tillyou get to GA...
UGH..

Nicole said...

Ahhh... yes, the heat!!! In all honesty, we just try to stay indoors as much as possible! So sorry we missed you while y'all were here. :(