Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 11, 2011

Blog housekeeping...

I'm back from Nashville. The conference was great but I'm glad to be home again. There's nothing like your own bed. Just look what was waiting for me when I came home!!

I have the sweetest family. By the way, my colleague and I did manage to get to B.B. King's Restaurant in downtown Nashville with the help of a taxi. The music was fantastic.

When I couldn't sleep at the hotel, I decided to do a bit of housekeeping on my blog and gave it an Easter make-over. I had pulled out favorite Easter items last weekend and created the blog header. The kookie wabit jar was from my grandmother's house. His ear has been repaired and I just love his sweet pastel colors. The frame bunny picture is from a vintage book that I picked up several years ago.

You'll also notice that I have new buttons along the top. For my newer followers, my husband spent all last summer designing and constructing a very elaborate treehouse.

With our winter weather "almost" ready to break, it's time to start plotting the next phase of our treehouse construction.


The exterior is nearly done (minus the flower boxes) but now the interior awaits flooring, walls and built-ins. Feel free to explore past treehouse blog entries here -

Go away snow!
Can't you see we're ready to start playing?

Aside from crafting, special needs adoptions and favorite recipes, I've also added a new button for my favorite thrifty vintage finds.

Have a thrifty/crafty weekend!
XOXO

11 comments:

Lee said...

Love the cookie jar especially since it was your grandmother's!
Look forward to seeing the treehouse interior transformation.
Have a terrific weekend!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

oh my goodness, Kookie Wabit is adorable. I bet you treasure him.

lea
xo

Amy said...

Oh. my. goodness. I love that treehouse. I am one of your newer followers and had not seen that. It is amazing! You could rent it out to your blog followers! Have a great weekend!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Holy cow i cant wait to see that beauty all finished up! Seriously, I want a tree house like yesterday :0)

What a sweet welcome home you had waiting for you too!

Donna said...

What a great welcome home! I love the new look of your blog, Kim! I'll check out all of those buttons for sure! And I wish I had a playhouse, that is amazing!!!!!

Pam Kessler said...

That is one huge treehouse! I am new here and hadn't seen that before. I'll go check it out.

Donna said...

I love the rabbit!!! He is so cute!! And I have love treehouses since my brother builded me one, mine was not that nice, but it was high and it was mine!! Now I have a low craft cottage and it's mine LOL

Life in Rehab said...

I don't know where to start commenting on this post...the sweet banner...the serious BB King envy...KOOKIE WABBIT!...and yes yes yes to decorating the tree house!

Welcome home!

My Vintage Mending said...

Kim, so glad you made it home. That is by far the cutest cookie jar. What a treasure. Love the new look. I am looking forward to all your great Spring finds and work. I free for a play date any day! Smiles...Renee

Jboo said...

Very cool makeover! Glad you had fun at the conference, but so good to be home. Have a wonderful weekend!

Janet

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Loving the makeover and I can't wait to investigate the tree house project. The cedar shingles are lovely. I had a tree house as a kid, and it was a very special place.