Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 22, 2011

Thrifty Finds & Spring Vignette

Last weekend, Emma cleaned out her closet and had 3 bags of clothes ready for Goodwill. While dropping off her donation, I found a few items that I repurposed into a spring vignette for my couch table.

The tall glass container was used to display a peat pot filled with silk flowers, leaves and a tiny bird nest.



The green velvet thrifted ribbon was used on a bundle of books. I tied the ribbon, added a millinery flower and a clip-on earring to the center of the flower.


I took apart a few branches of reproduction pussy willows and tied them together with lace trim. A container of cream and white buttons sits next to the bundle.

A glass dome is filled with a reproduction bird nest and shredded paper.

I'm having fun decorating for spring.
Who am I kidding.

I love decorating for every season.
XOXO
I'm linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party At Blackberry Vine
and Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
and t2t Tuesday at Sassy sites
and Very Merry Vintage Style
and Faded Charm White Wednesday

and Free Pretty Things for You - Whatever you Want Wednesdays

13 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I love decorating for all seasons also. Change and fun is good!

these are very nice.

lea
xo

Courtney said...

So cute. I love that green flower with the earring in the middle. Happy Tuesday!

Jodi said...

Love love love!!! I love spring too!

My Vintage Mending said...

Gorgeous. I love all the added touches with the ribbon and clip earring. So much to see I had to read it twice...Smiles...Renee

La Vie Quotidienne said...

These are all very pretty and you did some seriously great repurposing. Super!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Aw the little birdnest is my fav!

Nik's Knacks said...

COME ON SPRING!! It hasn't yet sprung around here...so far the end of winter was better!
Can you tell I'm a little anxious for better weather?!?!?
Happy crafting :)

Heather said...

Up until a few weeks ago, I never went to the Goodwill. After seeing all sorts of great finds from fellow bloggers, I finally visited my local Goodwill and was pleasantly surprised! I'll be posting about what items I bought soon. You certainly found some great spring stuff! :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Lovely spring vignette Kim, I would have never thought of shredding sheet music - I love little touches like that (and of course pussy willows just whisper spring).

PS Emma must be growing! I hope to do a clothing inventory as well.

very merry vintage style said...

Love this. The way you put the leaves on and the sheet music base--very nice! Your are featured today on my Share the Love on Wednesday party!
Mary

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

What a great idea! I just love the green ribbon around your books...I think that I may use that idea on my mantle! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Saw your link via Very Merry Vintage. Love your Spring/Easter vignette. I enjoyed browsing your blog..I am a new follower. Please visit me sometimes at my blog, Thanx for sharing, Tiff & Keep Junkin'

Jami said...

I love all of the sweet details in your spring vingette. You were featured today on the Tuesday To Do List Makers! Feel Free to stop by and grab a button!
Smiles!

Jami