Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 17, 2011

Easter Place Cards

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I realize I skipped over this holiday for crafting ideas, but if you want rainbow related projects, see this post for Josie's rainbow themed birthday party. Paper Glitter provided all kinds of free rainbow templates here.

Back on this post, I suggested that you might want to pick up plastic Easter eggs and fuzzy chicks. If you can use a glue gun, you can make these Easter place cards. Pinky swear.


Supplies:
Easter eggs
Glue gun
Easter grass
cardboard
Fuzzy chicks
Pipe cleaners
Rick rack and mini flowers (optional)

1. Cut out cardboard square pieces and apply hot glue to the center of the cardboard and spread Easter grass over the glue.


2. Take a part the plastic Easter egg and attach with glue gun to the grass/cardboard.

3. Add rick rack around the diameter of the egg and cut a a pipe cleaner in half and attach with glue gun to the interior of the egg.

4. I then hot glued a coordinated fuzzy chick on the handle of each basket and added a tiny silk flower.

5. The final touch was to print off name tags and attach with hot glue to the plastic egg.

6. Don't forget to fill with your favorite Easter candy!

It's nearly the weekend.
I've got all kinds of thrifty/crafty projects planned!
XOXO

19 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

super cute!

lea
xo

Amy said...

Really great idea! I have the hardest time getting into decorating for Easter. I am not sure why. I need to find some vintage Easter things and I might get into it more. But I LOVE Easter crafts. The kids would love this. thanks!

Cindy said...

I love it...Yep, I will be adding this to my Spring Break crafting list! Happy St. Patrick's Day...
Cindy

Heather said...

I just love those little birds!

Joanna B said...

Gah! Your Easter things are so cute, I can hardly stand it! So fun, I can wait to see what els you come up with!!

Lee said...

Cute cute cute!
I keep seeing owls wherever I shop...
Have a great, creative weekend. Heading to Chicago for the big trip Saturday-not sure if I will figure out how to post pictures but will when we return! Hugs!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Oh my goodness! How very cute!

Great job!

Kerri

Jodee said...

Those turned out sooo cute! Happy crafting this weekend!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I just went back and saw your post on Josie and I have to tell you that this is the best all time post I have ever seen...not just on your blog, but on any blog. What a joyful and wonderfully uplifting experience, thank you so much for sharing.

Sommer said...

Kim these are adorable! You are so talented! I'd love to have you share this at my VIP party today @ http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-7.html

Nancy said...

These are adorable and I'll bet the kids love them. Always such cute things here at Kim K's Craft room! xoxo Nancy

Jenn Erickson said...

Those little chenille chicks bring back such happy Easter memories from childhood! I absolutely love the way you combined the vintage looking elements like the ricrac and silver pipecleaner with the plastic egg to achieve a very cheery, yet vintage look! Thank you for linking up another spectacular creation at Rook No. 17!

Jodie said...

So Adorable! I'm your newest follower, I would love for you to stop by sometime!

Warm Wishes,
Jodie

www.lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com

LisaMarie said...

These are just too cute and look so easy to make!! My kids would love these! Great post!!!
http://thislittleshabbychicvegangirl.blogspot.com/

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

My Goodness! These are so sweet. Thanks for sharing this cute idea.
Joyce

Unknown said...

adorable!

I am having a giveaway on my blog.

$40 store credit to get a drawstring backpack with an adorable applique, great from summer camp and trips and lovely spring hair accessories for girls. You just have to leave a comment to win.

http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/40-store-credit-free-shipping-from-o-to.html

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, how cute are those?!!!! I love them!

I'd love to have you share this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party, going on now at SunScholars. Come join in on the fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-4.html

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Your creativity is awesome. :) Thank you for linking up to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week. This weeks blog bash is in full swing again!! If you haven't already please be sure & link up more of your creativity, I look forward to seeing all your great ideas. :)

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Unknown said...

LOVE this! Thanks for sharing them at the For the Kids Friday Link Party at Sun Scholars! The next party is in full swing. I'd love to have you stop by and link up again!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-5.html

:)rachel