Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

March 31, 2011

My other half and his crafty side...

My husband is very patient of my holiday decorations and frequent side-trips to antique/thrift stores.

What most of my followers don't know, is that he grew up working at the now defunct Frank's Nursery & Crafts.

Not only does he have a green thumb (and can provide you with the Latin names of most plants) but when I first sought him out in college, it was because he had a full size fully decorated Christmas tree in his dorm room. I could see this glorious tree from my dorm room window and knew I needed to find the owner.

Yes. That's my elbow.
The rest of my body is attempting to dance.
It was college. Enough said.

He might not join me in my craft room, or even know how to use my glue gun.
But he can help pack and unpack holiday decorations like nobody's business.
He can also bring a dead plant back to life.

He's also gotten pretty darn good with a table saw and nail gun.



Love ya, honey!
I especially love your K-12 work schedule and Mr. Mom status!

PS. As much as Chris is handy, we're paying an electrician to hook up the treehouse.
No more scary power cords running from our house to the treehouse.

As you can imagine, I'm already plotting out the interior!
I had to throw a spring wreath on the door in celebration!

XOXO

13 comments:

Courtney said...

You have been blessed with a wonderful husband. I bet he is counting down the days till his summer schedule begins. The girls will have so much fun playing in that treehouse this summer.

Jodi said...

Love it!!!! The Christmas tree in the dorm - Love it!!! Sounds like something my 12 year old will do! Just wait - in a few weeks we will be making a 3-D sperm whale out of cake! That's Conner!! :)

Amy said...

Can't wait to see the inside of the treehouse decorated! My previous life before sahm was working at a flower shop so I totally understand how your husband knows the in and outs of Christmas trees! We would work on trees everday for months straight!

Jodee said...

I love, love, love this post! You two make the perfect couple! That dorm Christmas tree is a hoot and I can't believe you still have a picture to coordinate with it! What a great story!

Lee said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband!
I am getting an itch to go shopping for vintage when I have so many others things calling my name...the weekend is almost here!
Thanks for sharing!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Your front yard and garden are so beautiful Kim! He's a keeper (but Im sure you know that) :0)

My Vintage Mending said...

One of the things I love about my husband is his love of Christmas ornament collecting. He used to be so handy but his work schedule has gotten in the way of that now. He loves to dig in the yard with me and plan things out and it kills me when he does better with a plant than me....more similarities...such luck...sweet post...smiles...Renee

★Carol★ said...

Oh my goodness, I miss Frank's SO much! I loved that store alot.
That tree house is adorable, and your husband did a fantastic job! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. I imagine it looking like a little fairy tale house, and there are going to be so many magical memories made in there, I'm sure!

Life in Rehab said...

It's interesting what draws people together...no wonder you have a tree up in your house year round.

Jboo said...

Love that treehouse and your front yard -- beautiful!! Would he time to start a blog for not-so-talented husbands with very specific "how-to" instructions?

Janet

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

That is a beautiful post, tribute, and treehouse. I can't wait to see how it is decorated including two sweet little girls with vintage aprons waiting out front to greet guests!

Karin said...

What a sweet post to honor your hubby. :) You are both very talented. I wish your hubby lived near enough to tell me what to do with my poor plants that had 4 ft of snow on top of them this winter. Some of them lost so many branches, I don't know if they are salvageable. ugh.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Kim this is such a sweet tribute to your darling husband....you are one lucky lady to have a man with a green thumb like that and wow your home and yard is gorgeous...looks like something straight out of a Home and Garden magazine...I think your yard and treehouse is amazing...two thumbs up to your hubby and you too of course!
Big hugs,
Queenie